- Enabling or disabling the transparent effect of windows
- Enabling the transparent effect on your windows
Translucent effect of windows
Depending on the style of your applications, the border of your windows can be translucent: you will have the ability to see in transparency the windows found below or the background image of your Windows desktop.
In the context menu of windows, "Disable the translucent effect for the window borders" allows the user disable the translucent effect on the windows.
Enabling or disabling the transparent effect of windows
Enabling the transparent effect on your windows
To enable the transparent effect on your windows:
- Display the "Image" tab of the window description.
- Specify the background image used by the window.
- Clip the window ("Clip the window").
- Select the Vista transparency and blur options. The margins that will be taken into account for the "blur" effect can be defined via the "Margins of blur area" button.
: In Vista, the "System transparency in Vista (Aero)" option allows the system to manage the transparency if the display mode used is the "Aero" mode. We recommend that you use this option if you are using the ActivVista and ActivVista Lite skin templates. This option is not recommended if you are using other skin templates.
To enable (or not) the translucent effect on window borders, use DrawingStyle
The ActivVista and ActivVista Lite skin templates use the translucent effect of windows.