- Shared information found in the data model editor
- Entering the shared information
- Modifying the shared information
- Shared information found in the window or in the page editor
The information entered when creating the files and the items is shared throughout the environment.
This information is stored and it is used to populate out choices whenever possible, to automatically apply an input mask to a control for example.
When you modify the information regarding a control linked to an item, these modifications can be applied to the item and to all of the project controls that use this item.
Shared information found in the data model editor
Entering the shared information
The shared information is typed when describing the items in the analysis. When typing an item, all the characteristics of control linked to this item can be typed directly. Simply:
- Click "Parameters of the control bound to the selected item (shared information)" at the bottom of the item description.
- The characteristics of the control linked to the item are displayed. You will find the different tabs of the control description windows.
The controls linked to these items (windows or pages created by RAD or controls created from items in the data model editor) will have all the characteristics entered in these tabs.
Modifying the shared information
If you modify the shared information of an item in the data model editor, when saving the analysis, the editor will propose to synchronize the project that uses this analysis.
The modifications performed in the shared information can be applied to all the project elements that use this information.
If you have modified the shared information of a control in the window editor or in the page editor and if the carry forward of shared information is enabled, this shared information will be immediately applied to the analysis. If you create a new control linked to this item, the new shared information will be taken into account.
The next time you handle the analysis in the editor, when the analysis is closed, the editor will propose to apply the modifications performed in the shared information to all the project elements that use this shared information.
You can also apply these modifications to all the project elements directly: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Recompile and synchronize" and select "Synchronize project with analysis".
- Update the controls of the project.
- Don't update the controls of the project.
- Choose to dissociate the control from the shared information. In this case, the control cannot modify the shared information and it cannot be updated in case of modification.
Shared information found in the window or in the page editor
The controls found in the windows (or in the pages) and linked to items (controls generated by RAD or controls created by Drag/Drop from the "Analysis" pane) can update the shared information of the linked items.
By default, when modifying the control characteristics in the description window, the shared information of linked item is not updated.
In the description window of controls , a button is used to manage the update of the shared information for this control:
In the window opened by this button, you can:
- Update the 'Shared Information' of the item in the analysis. In this case, as soon as the modifications are validated, the shared information will be modified in the analysis.
- Do not update the 'Shared Information' of the item in the analysis. In this case, the modifications performed in the control description will not be taken into account in the analysis. However, the modifications of the shared information performed in the analysis can be applied to this control.
- View the impact on the project:
- The color of the button changes according to the number of modified project elements (element = windows, pages, ...).
- The "Details of impacted elements" button allows you to view the details of the project elements affected by the modification. This list displays the controls whose button is in "On" mode and the controls whose button is in "Off" mode. However, the controls that have been dissociated from the shared information are not displayed in this list.
This page is also available for…