- How to?
- Creating an MSI setup via the wizard
You have the ability to create a setup program in MSI standard. These setup procedures are smaller and allow the use of the installer inside the company.
Remark: A setup program in MSI standard can be used for a stand-alone setup only. Indeed, this format does not manage the network setups and the automatic modification of data files.
Creating an MSI setup via the wizard
To create a setup in MSI standard:
- Create the application executable: on the "Project" tab, in the "Generation" group, click "Generate".
- Start creating the setup procedure: on the "Project" tab, in the "Generation" group, click "Setup procedure".
- In the setup wizard, click "2 - Setup" on the left of the wizard. In the dialog box that is displayed, select "Access the setup options".
- Select "Individual setup", then "Setup via MSI package" in the next step.
- In the rest of wizard:
- specify the setup directory. The "Advanced" button is used to define the modifications that must be made by the setup to the system configuration (registry, INI file, ...).
- select the files to install.
- specify the options for installing the WINDEV framework.
- specify whether a license must be displayed or not.
- select the setup context: for the current user or for all the computer users. This option is used to properly create the shortcuts for starting the application.
- specify whether the MSI setup package must be signed. If the pack must be signed, select the certificate to use.
- Validate the wizard. The setup in MSI format is automatically created.
Caution: No executable can be run at the end of the "MSI package" setup program.
- The MSI setup can be certified (Windows App Certification Kit).
- The MSI setup can be signed.
- The MSI setup is recognized by Microsoft SCCM.