- Details of different steps
- Entering the task list
- Starting and configuring the Project Monitoring Center
- Working on a task and changing task
- Calculating the time spent on a task
Using the task management and the schedule
Time management is extremely important. Where is time spent in a day? How to find out without adding constraints, without requiring fastidious time keeping from the team members and without making people feel like somebody is watching over their shoulder?
Entering the time spent on the tasks is an interesting feature of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile. This feature is linked to the use of the Project Monitoring Center.
The principle is straightforward:
- The task list is entered in the Project Monitoring Center (either directly by the user, or by the project manager).
- Each user starts the Project Monitoring Center.
- During the first startup, each user configures his schedule, days off, vacations, ...
- The user enables the time management (optional step used to easily modify the current task).
- The user specifies the current task.
- Whenever changing task, the user specifies whether the current task must be validated or not (in the Project Monitoring Center or via the time management).
Details of different steps
Entering the task list
The task list is directly entered in the Project Monitoring Center. To enter a new task, you must:
- Open or create a "Tasks" tab.
- Select "Add a task" in the context menu of the task list.
- Specify the information required to describe the task (the project, the contributor and the estimated duration). If the task is associated with a contributor other than the selected one, the task will not be displayed in the table.
- Reorganize the different tasks according to their priority.
Starting and configuring the Project Monitoring Center
To use the task manager, the users must start and configure the Project Monitoring Center.
To start the Project Monitoring Center:
- via CCSuivi.exe
- from WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile: on the "Tools" tab, in the "Control Centers" group, click "Project Monitoring".
To configure the Project Monitoring Center:
- Expand and select "Schedules and holidays". You have the ability to specify the working days, the working hours and the holidays. For more details, see Configuring the Project Monitoring Center.
- Expand and select "Options". This option is used to specify:
- the database to use ("Location of data").
- the custom options ("Personal options"). The option "Start at Windows startup" is used to start the Project Monitoring Center when starting the Windows session. If the password is not stored, the login window will be displayed. The Project Monitoring Center will be displayed in the taskbar of Windows (systray).
- the activation of the time management help and its options ("Time management help"). It is recommended to enable the time management. For more details, see Time management help.
For more details, see Options of Project Monitoring Center.
- In the Project Monitoring Center, specify the current task. To do so, select a task from the task list then select "Start the task" in the context menu.
Working on a task and changing task
If the time management is enabled
, a window is regularly displayed, allowing you to confirm the current task or to change task.
This window indicates the current task and the task duration (since its last activation). For more details, see Time management help
This window is used to change task directly.
If the time management is not enabled, the change of task must be performed from the Project Monitoring Center (displayed independently or in a pane of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile).
When changing task, a specific window is displayed:
This window is used to:
- modify the date and time for changing task (in case you've forgotten to change task for instance).
- specify the status of the previous task (task locked, canceled, in progress).
Calculating the time spent on a task
The calculation of the time spent on a task depends on whether time management is enabled or not.
If the time management help is enabled:
The calculation of the time spent on a task takes into account:
- the information specified in the task wheel and in the window for managing the current task. The working hours and the working days specified in the options of Project Monitoring Center are ignored.
- the automatic lock of the current task when closing the Windows session.
- the automatic lock of current task when closing the Project Monitoring Center of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile.
In this case, the information entered in the schedule configuration is taken into account only when establishing the schedule. The schedule takes into account the time really spent.
If the time management help is not enabled:
The calculation of the time spent on a task only takes into account the working times and the working days specified in the schedule configuration. The "overtime" is not taken into account.
This page is also available for…