- Details of "Logs" tab
- Managing the log file
- Error report by email
- See the logs
WEBDEV administrator: Viewing the logs
The "Logs" tab is used to:
- see the details of logs for a specific period.
- configure the sending of error reports by email.
Caution: To use this feature, the logs must have been enabled for the site. The logs can be enabled:
- in the "Logs" tab to create a general log,
- in the "Sites" tab ("Parameters" button) and in the "Webservices" tab ("Parameters" button") to manage a specific log.
The error log is automatically created when the statistics log is enabled.
Managing the log file
The WEBDEV administrator is used to manage a specific log file allowing you to follow the traffic statistics.
- Generate a log file (.log):
This option allows you to generate a log file (".LOG" extension) used to see the traffic statistics of WEBDEV sites via WDStatistic. For more details, see the help about WDStatistic.
The location of log file can be specified.
This option can be modified for each site in the "Sites" tab.
- Save in the global file and in the file of each application:
This option is used to save the statistics in the log files of both the application and the server. Indeed, if the log file is defined both at server level and at application level ("Sites" tab), information may be "lost". The table below presents the different possible cases:
|Application log||Server log||"Save in the global file and in the file of each application" option checked||Result|
|No||Yes||Any||Backup in the server log|
|Yes||No||Any||Backup in the application log|
|Yes||Yes||No||Backup in the application log|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Backup in the server log and in the application log|
Error report by email
The WEBDEV application server periodically examines the logs and it can email error reports.
To enable the generation of error reports:
- Enable the logs if necessary.
- In the "Logs" tab of WEBDEV administrator, click the "Error report by email" button.
- In the window for managing error reports, check "Enable the error reports".
- Configure the recipients of general report. The general report affects all the WEBDEV applications installed on the Web server. This configuration is performed in the window for managing error reports.
- Configure the recipients of error report for each site or Webservice ("Sites" or "Webservices" tab, "Parameters" button).
To configure the recipients:
- Click "+".
- the recipient address.
- the email frequency: daily, weekly, monthly.
- the send conditions:
- only if an error occurred (option checked),
- systematically (option unchecked).
- The error reports are created every day at midnight and when starting the server. They are sent according to the requested frequency.
- The configuration of SMTP parameters required to send the error reports is performed in the window for managing error reports.
- If the error reports are not received, check the specified SMTP parameters. If sending via SMTP fails, the information is specified in the logs of the system used.
See the logs
To see the details of logs:
- Select the period to study.
- Select the type of log to study.
- Click the "Refresh" button.
- Only the elements for which errors occurred during the selected period are displayed.