- Starting WDTestSite
- Use conditions
- Using WDTestSite
- Installing WDTestSite on different computers
WDTestSite is used to run different tests on a WEBDEV site.
The different tests are as follows:
- Load test:
The stress test consists in simulating the connection of several Web users to a WEBDEV site. Each Web user runs a set of operations (scenario) simultaneously.
- Regression test:
The regression test consists in checking the operating mode of a WEBDEV site between two updates. The regression test consists in checking whether a scenario performed with an earlier site version still operates properly once the site was updated.
- Test of a site in multi-user mode:
The test of a site in multi-user mode is used to check whether concurrent accesses to the data files are managed properly. This test consists in simulating the simultaneous connection of several Web users to a WEBDEV site. Each Web user runs a set of operations (scenario) simultaneously.
- Comparison of different servers:
WDTestSite is used to compare the speed of different servers. To do so, run the same scenario on different servers and compare the execution time of this scenario.
- Optimizing the processes created in WLanguage:
WDTestSite is used to compare the execution time of a scenario before and after the WLanguage code was optimized.
To start WDTestSite:
- on the "Tools" tab, in the "Utilities" group, click "WDTestSite" (from WEBDEV).
- run "WDTestSite.EXE" directly.
WDTestSite cannot be redistributed.
However, to run tests in multi-user mode, WDTestSite can be installed on several computers.
WDTestSite is used to:
Installing WDTestSite on different computers
To run stress tests on a server or to test the server rapidity, we recommend that you use different computers to run the execution of a scenario. The scenario is always run on the same Web server.
The following files must be copied to each test computer:
- the executable file: WDTestSite.exe
- the different libraries: httputil.dll, wd280hf.dll, wd280mat.dll, wd280obj.dll, wd280pnt.dll, wd280std.dll and wd280vm.dll.
- the help file for WDTestSite: WDTestSite.pdf
- the scenario (".WCN" file): this file must be copied to a "Scenario" subdirectory of the setup directory of WDTestSite.exe.
When these files are copied to the test computers, simply run the scenario or the load test on each of the test computers.