WDTRAD is a tool for translating messages from WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile applications. These messages have been checked out by WDMSG or WDINT.
WDTRAD simplifies the input and the translation of messages and it reduces the risk of errors.
WDTRAD allows you to:
- display the text to be translated and enter its translation.
- see the source and target languages side by side even if the file to be translated (WDMSG or HFSQL) contains more than 2 languages.
Remark: It is also possible to display an additional source language to make sure you choose the best wording or lexical category in a sentence.
- choose the source and target language (especially if the file to be translated (WDMSG or HFSQL) contains more than 2 languages).
- see, in WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile, the element corresponding to the texts to translate (window and page only).
- propose an automatic translation.
- automatically translate all identical words or expressions (in the whole file or only in the rows currently displayed).
- check the consistency of translations by displaying the source text and the translated text.
- avoid errors by not directly using the file containing the messages to translate.
- display the progress of the translation and the number of lines to be translated in real time.
- display the number of words or alphanumeric characters to be translated.
This option allows you to evaluate the cost of the translation: in most cases, the translation is invoiced according to the number of words or characters to translate.
- sort the strings to translate by source language and by translation language.
- sort the strings to be translated by type.
- view the interface of the element being translated (option available only in HFSQL and WDMSG files).
- find and replace text in the source and target language.
- search for elements within a break in treeview mode via a "Search" icon.
- define "bookmarks": It is possible to set one or more bookmarks (represented by a colored banner) in the current document. These bookmarks can be used, for example, to mark a resource that needs to be revised, a breakpoint in the current translation, etc, ...
- To add a bookmark, use Ctrl + F7.
- To move between bookmarks, press F7.
- It is also possible to create your own bookmark labels (see below).
If the resources will be translated by an external company, WDTRAD and the file that contains the messages to be translated (text file, HFSQL data file or WDMSG file) can be provided to this company. In this case, you must also supply the files required to use WDTRAD (see Installing WDTRAD
- The language of WDTRAD can be changed ("? ..Language").
- Only the files checked out by WDMSG and/or WDINT can be handled by WDTRAD.
- WDTRAD allows you to enter translations by using non-Latin character sets.
- Management of languages:
- WDTRAD allows you to translate messages into 41 different languages.
- WDTRAD allows you to manage the custom languages used in the WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile projects. To do so, select the translation language "Custom language" to configure the parameters of this language.
- If the name of custom languages was modified in the WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile project, the name of this language is automatically displayed in the list of languages. The parameters of this language described in WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile are automatically taken into account.
- Management of dictionaries:
- WDTRAD is supplied with a French/English dictionary containing over 6000 translations. This dictionary can be enriched via WDTRAD. This dictionary can also be used with WDDIXIO. For more details on WDDIXIO, see the online help (keyword: WDDIXIO") or the "WDDIXIO.chm" file.
- A dictionary can contain the same resource translated into several languages. For example, the expression "Close the application" can be translated into French, Spanish and German in the same dictionary.
- WDTRAD allows you to use a dictionary found on a PCSCloud development platform ("Edit .. Locate the dictionary .. Dictionary in cloud mode").
Remark: During the first connection to a PCSCloud dictionary, if this dictionary is empty, the import of a local dictionary is automatically proposed.
- WDTRAD allows you to import and/or export a dictionary. For more details, see Importing/Exporting a dictionary.
- WDTRAD allows you to manage Web dictionaries (Google and DeepL). The desired dictionary can be chosen in the WDTRAD options.
- WDTRAD allows you to add a resource to the dictionary even if no translation file is open (option "Add an entry to the dictionary").
- Bookmark label management:
To manage bookmark labels:
- To mark a row, open the row popup menu and select "Bookmark .. Apply a label" and select the desired label. If no labels are available, you can create them via "Manage labels". This option allows you to create, modify and delete labels.
Remark: Labels can also be created, modified and deleted from the WDTRAD options.
- To filter resources on a label, click the label icon in the "Type" column: a menu appears allowing you to filter on the desired label. This same menu also offers an option to cancel the filter.
To start WDTRAD:
- if WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile is installed on your computer: on the "Project" tab, in the "Translate" group, expand "Translate" and select "Translate messages".
Remark: If you are using a French version of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile, WDTRAD will be run in French. If you are using an English version of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile, WDTRAD will be run in English. This language can be changed at any time in WDTRAD ("?.. Language").
- if WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile is not installed on your computer: double-click "WDTRAD.EXE" found in the "Programs" directory of the WDTRAD setup directory.
Remark: You must specify the language used the first time you start WDTRAD. This language can be changed at any time in WDTRAD ("?.. Language").
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment