- Use conditions
- Installing WDConver on another computer
- Starting WDConver
WDConver : Overview
Available only with this kind of connection
WDConver is a tool used to convert data to an HFSQL Classic data file from a file:
- in Hyper File 5 or 4 format.
- in text format.
- in XML format.
- in a database accessed via an OLE DB provider or an ODBC driver (Excel, Access, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- in a database accessed via a Native WINDEV Connector (SQL Server, Oracle or AS/400).
Caution: WDConver can only be used to convert the data found in a file. To perform this conversion, the structure of the data file must have been converted previously. To convert the structure of a data file, on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Creation" group, expand "Import" and select "Import file/table descriptions...".
Use example: After an important update of the data found in an external file, WDConnect is used to re-import the data into a WINDEV database.
WDConver can be redistributed. WDConver can be installed with the applications developed with WINDEV. The license agreement of WINDEV is fully enforced.
When creating the setup procedure, WDConver can be supplied with your applications.
Reminder: The setup procedure can be created:
- from the wizard: on the "Project" tab, in the "Generation" group, expand "Setup procedure" and select "Create setup procedure",
- from the setup editor: on the "Tools" tab, in the "Utilities" group, click "WDInst".
Installing WDConver on another computer
The following files are required to install WDConver:
- DLLs required for the database to be converted (WD55HF.DLL, wd280oldb.dll, etc.)
WDConver can be started:
- In interactive mode, by running "WDConver.EXE" or from the data model editor: on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Creation" group, expand "Import" and select "Import data from another database".
- In command line mode to perform a conversion from a WINDEV application.
This page is also available for…