- Use conditions
- Error codes
- Closing the archive
- Number of parts
- Actions that can be performed on a multi-part archive
- The multi-part archive is found on diskettes
In french: zipRegroupe
Merges the different sub-archives found in a multi-part archive to create a single-part archive.
<Result> = zipMerge(<Archive> , <Archive destination> [, <Progress bar management>])
- 0 if the sub-archives have been merged,
- an error code (value greater than 0) otherwise. For more details on these error codes, see the Remarks.
<Archive>: Character string or zipArchive variable
Name of the archive to be used.
This name can correspond to:
<Archive destination>: Character string
Physical path of new single-part archive (up to 260 characters). This path must contain the name of single-part archive to create. If the extension (.WDZ or .ZIP) is not specified, the extension corresponds to the initial extension. You have the ability to specify the same path and name as the split archive: the split archive will be overwritten by the merged archive.
<Progress bar management>: Optional character string
The following error codes are returned:
- 1: The path passed as parameter does not exist.
- 2: Access denied: the user has no sufficient rights.
- 3: The archive is corrupted.
- 6: The sub-archives are not arranged in order.
The message corresponding to the error code is returned by zipMsgError
Closing the archive
Once zipMerge has been used on an archive, this archive is not closed. You must use:
- zipClose to close the multi-part archive.
- zipOpen to open the new single-part archive.
Number of parts
is used to determine the number of sub-archives in a multi-part archive.
Actions that can be performed on a multi-part archive
Some archiving functions can only be used with single-part archives (add and delete files, create a self-extracting executable, etc.). To perform these operations, simply merge the sub-archives (zipMerge) to get a single-part archive.
From a multi-part archive, you can only:
Business / UI classification: Business Logic
This page is also available for…