- Error codes
- Special case of the .GZ extension
In french: zipOuvre
Opens an existing archive.
For the archives in "CAB" or "RAR" format, the archive is created if it does not exist.
The archive can be:
- in WinZip or PKZip format (.ZIP extension).
- in WINDEV format (.WDZ extension).
- in Cabinet file format (.CAB extension).
- in RAR format (.RAR extension).
- in 7z format (.7z extension).
- in TAR format (.TAR extension).
- in TGZ format (.TGZ extension).
- in TAR.GZ format (.TAR.GZ extension).
- an executable (.EXE) corresponding to a .WDZ file changed into a self-extracting archive.
<Result> = zipOpen(<Archive> , <Archive path> [, <Opening mode>])
- 0 if the archive was opened,
- An error code (value greater than 0) otherwise. For more details on these error codes, see the Remarks.
<Archive>: Character string or zipArchive variable
Name of the archive to be used.
This name can correspond to:
The archive is created if it does not exist (except for the "CAB" or "RAR" formats).
<Archive path>: Character string
Path and name of archive (up to 260 characters). The archive extension can be specified. If the archive extension is not specified, the default extension is .WDZ.
The archive path is a full path or a path relative to the working directory of the application (returned by fDataDir
<Opening mode>: Optional constant (or combination of constants)
Archive opening mode:
The default opening mode is: zipCreateIfNotFound + zipWrite.
This parameter is not available: the opening mode used corresponds to zipCreateIfNotFound
Special case of the .GZ extension
'.tar.gz' files generated by GitHub should not be confused with compressed '.gz' files.
Content compressed in gzip format can be decompressed with Uncompress
Business / UI classification: Business Logic
This page is also available for…