- Handling the archives
- Type of archives
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile propose several WLanguage functions allowing you to compress and merge your files into archives
An archive is a physical file:
- whose type is ".WDZ" for a WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile archive.
- whose type is ".ZIP" for a WinZip or PKZip archive.
- whose type is ".CAB" for a "Cabinet Files" archive.
- whose type is ".RAR".
- whose type is ".7z".
- whose type is ".tar" or ".tgz" (".tar.gz").
This file groups all types of files (".pdf", ".fic", ".mmo", ...) automatically compressed.
For example, the archives allow you to:
- save your files on a regular basis while reducing the storage space,
- simplify the transmission of your files on Internet/Intranet,
- create self-extracting archives,
An optimized compression allows your files to occupy less disk space and be easily transmitted on different media (CD, Internet, etc.).
Two types of archives are available:
To manage your archives, WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile propose several WLanguage functions
. These functions are used to:
- handle the archives: creation, opening, closing.
- handle the files found in the archive: add and compress files (single file or set of files in a directory), extract and decompress a file, delete files from an archive.
- get various information about the archives and about the compressed files: size before and after compression, ...
- split and/or merge archive volumes.
- create self-extracting archives.
Type of archives
- The ".WDZ" archives are available in WINDEV (32-bit and 64-bit executable) and WEBDEV.
- The ".ZIP" archives (WinZip or PKZip) are available in WINDEV (32-bit and 64-bit executable), WEBDEV, WINDEV Mobile, Java and Linux.
- The ".CAB" archives ("Cabinet files") are available in WINDEV (32-bit executable only) and WEBDEV.
- The ".RAR" archives are available in WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile.
remark: RAR archives are supported up to and including version 4.
- The ".7z" archives are available in WINDEV (32-bit and 64-bit executable) and WEBDEV.
- The ".tar" or ".tgz" archives (".tar.gz") are available in WINDEV (32-bit executable only) and WEBDEV.
- The size of the ".WDZ" archives cannot exceed 4 GB.
- The archives in".CAB" format are necessarily single-part archives.
To save the database of your customer, your program creates a backup archive. The files to save are compressed into the archive.
The archive is then split into several parts.
To simplify the use of backup files: create a self-extracting archive. Simply run the archive to automatically decompress all the files.
Unit examples (WEBDEV): The Zip functions
Complete examples (WINDEV): WD Zip
Android (WINDEV Mobile): Android ZIP
This page is also available for…