Returns the horizontal position (X) of the mouse cursor relative to the specified window or control. Used in a mouse or stylus process (click, hover, left or right button down, etc.).
You can get:
- the position of the mouse (or stylus) when an Image control is clicked (function used in the "Click" event of the Image control).
- the position of the mouse (or stylus) when hovering over a window (function used in the optional "Mouse hover" event of a window).
Returns the horizontal position (X) of the mouse cursor according to the specified marker. Used in a browser event of a control or page.
// "Drawing" page hovered by the mouse
// Optional code of the page
// Mouse moved (onmousemove)
Message("Position of the mouse: X: " + MouseXPos(mpPage) + "Y: " + MouseYPos(mpPage))
Retrieving the mouse position in a page Hide the details
<Result> = MouseXPos([<Marker>])
<Result>: Integer or real
- Horizontal position (X-coordinate) of the mouse cursor relative to the specified marker (in pixels)
- 0 if the information is not available (depending on the browser used and on the control).
<Marker>: Optional integer constant
Marker used to calculate the position:
|Mouse position relative to the upper-left corner of the hovered control or page, depending on where the event occurs.|
If this constant is selected, MouseXPos must be used in the "OnClick" code of the control.
|mpPage||Mouse position relative to the upper-left corner of the page (taking into account the position of the page if it has been scrolled).|
|mpScreen||Mouse position in the screen (relative to the upper-left corner).|
Limits in browser code
MouseXPos is not available:
- in browser procedures.
- in the events directly or indirectly called from a browser procedure (via ExecuteProcess for example).
- in the browser code of a Button or Link control..
Unit examples (WINDEV): The drawing functions