In french: SocketAttendConnexion
Run on the server, this function is used to wait for a connection request coming from the client sockets.
- If the client computer is using a WINDEV application to connect to this socket, the connection request is performed by SocketConnect.
- UDP socket: SocketWaitForConnection cannot be used with UDP sockets.
Reminder: A socket is a communication resource used by applications to communicate from one computer to another regardless of the type of network.
// Creates a socket on the server
IF SocketCreate("Server", 8000) = False THEN
Error("Creation error " + ErrorInfo(errMessage))
// Manage the connections of the client computers in a thread
ThreadExecute("Thread1", threadNormal, WaitProcedure)
INTERNAL PROCEDURE WaitProcedure()
IF SocketWaitForConnection("Server") THEN
Channel is string
// If the connection is accepted,
// this connection is managed in a specific thread
Channel = SocketAccept("Server")
ThreadExecute(Channel, threadNormal, ProcedureManagement, Channel)
IF NOT SocketExist("Server") THEN
<Result> = SocketWaitForConnection(<Socket name> [, <Maximum timeout>])
- True: a new request for connection is pending.
- False: no request for connection was detected.
<Socket name>: Character string
Name of the server socket that waits for the connection.
<Maximum timeout>: Optional integer or optional Duration
Maximum timeout (in milliseconds).
Remark: if this function is used in multi-thread mode, the function only locks the thread in which it is called.
- This function is a blocking function during the specified duration or until a connection request is detected.
- If this parameter is not specified, the function locks the application until the next attempt to connect.
This parameter can correspond to:
- an integer corresponding to the number of milliseconds,
- a Duration variable,
- the duration in a readable format (e.g., 1 s or 10 ms).
This page is also available for…