- Required configuration
- Managing the different types of numbers
- Differences between GO mode and runtime
- Android specific features
- Specific features for iOS
- Phone calls
WINDEV Mobile and SMS messages
WINDEV Mobile allows you to easily send and read SMS messages with the SMS functions of WLanguage.
SMS (Short Message Service) commonly refers to text messages (up to 160 characters) sent to a cell phone.
: The characteristics of SMS messages are contained in the SMS structure
To be able to use the SMS functions, the application must be installed:
- on an Android phone.
- on an iOS phone.
Managing the different types of numbers
Two types of numbers can be used to send SMS messages:
- Short numbers (also called "National" numbers). These numbers can be accessed from the country only.
- Standard numbers (also called "International" numbers). These numbers can be accessed from anywhere.
Differences between GO mode and runtime
In GO mode (simulation on the development computer), a WLanguage error occurs during the call to an SMS function or when using a variable of the SMS structure.
Android specific features
- Only SMS messages found in the phone memory can be handled by the SMS functions.
- The SMS.Retry variable is ignored in Android.
- The use of some SMS functions will modify the permissions required by the application (these permissions will be automatically added to the application). For more details, see the documentation about the SMS functions.
- The SMS functions can be used during a GO on the Android emulator. To simulate the sending of SMS messages to the emulator, see the documentation of the Android SDK: https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator#console
- It is possible to send SMS messages with an attachment using SMSRunApp.
Specific features for iOS
SMS messages can only be sent using SMSRunApp
WINDEV Mobile also allows you to easily manage phone calls using the following functions:
|tapiDialerCall||Opens the default telephony application (dialer) found on the phone and dials the specified number.|
|tapiDialerDisplay||Opens the default telephony application (dialer) and displays the specified number. No call is made.|
Cross-platform examples (WINDEV Mobile): WM Managing Contacts
This page is also available for…