- Using an external library: RXTX
In french: sDansFileEntrée
Retrieves the number of pending bytes in the input buffer of a specified serial port or infrared port.
- This function cannot be used with a parallel port.
- This function returns information regarding the server.
- Infrared ports are not supported.
- Only serial ports are supported.
// The port is opened. Retrieves the number of pending bytes
// in the input buffer of COM4 and read them.
PortNum is int
PortNum = sOpen("COM4", 2000, 2000)
Number is int
MessageRead is string
Number = sInEntryQueue(PortNum)
MessageRead = sRead(PortNum, Number)
// Equivalent to: MessageRead = sRead(PortNum, sInEntryQueue(PortNum))
<Result> = sInEntryQueue(<Port number>)
- Number of pending bytes in the input buffer of the specified port,
- 0 if the function failed. The ErrorOccurred variable is set to True if an error occurred on the port (parity bit for example). The error details are returned by ErrorInfo.
<Port number>: Integer
Port number to use:
- Number of the serial port: 1, 2, 3, ... 32 for COM1, COM2, COM3, ... COM32.
- Number of the infrared port: 1, 2, 3, ... 32 for IR1, IR2, IR3, ... IR32.
The management of infrared ports is not available in Java.
- Port number returned by sOpen (if this function was called with a port name).
Using an external library: RXTX
In Java, the use of functions for handling the serial and parallel ports (sOpen
, ...) requires the presence of an external library: RXTX.
This library includes a Jar archive and one or more native libraries that depend on the operating system on which the application is run.
To use these functions:
- the Jar archive (RXTXComm.jar) must:
- be found in the same directory as the Java application generated by WINDEV,
- be found in the execution classpath of the application,
- be directly included in the generated application (from the wizard for Java generation).
- the native libraries corresponding to the operating system on which the application is run must be found:
- in the same directory as the Java application generated by WINDEV,
- in the path of the application libraries (librarypath).
Caution: The management of infrared ports is not available in Java.
Business / UI classification: Business Logic
This page is also available for…