- Serial port/parallel port/infrared port
- Features specific to Android and Android widget
- USB port
Managing ports (serial ports, parallel ports, USB ports, etc.)
Several devices can be managed directly via a management of the ports used by these devices to communicate with the computer. Therefore, the management of a serial, parallel or infrared port can be used to directly manage a bar code reader or a print as you go.
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to manage the actions performed on these different ports.
- Only serial ports are supported.
Serial port/parallel port/infrared port
Several WLanguage functions can be used to easily manage the serial and parallel ports. All these functions start with the letter s
You can for example:
- open a serial or parallel port (sOpen) or close it (sClose).
- write into a serial port (sWrite) or read its content (sRead).
Features specific to Android and Android widget
In Android and Android widget mode, the serial and parallel port functions can be used:
- Only on serial (not parallel or infrared) ports.
- Only with devices that support the CDC/ACM protocol (Arduino ATmega32U4) and the following USB to serial converter chips:
- FTDI FT232R, FT232H, FT2232H, FT4232H, FT230X, FT231X, FT234XD
- Silabs CP210x
- Qinheng CH340, CH341A
- Prolific PL2303
The management of a USB port does not depend on the port itself but on the device that is attached to it. The management of a USB port to which a printer is connected differs from the management of a USB port to which a scanner is connected. No management standard can be defined.
The USB port is not a passive port like the serial port or the parallel port. It is always subject to the use of a specific driver for the device used.
Therefore, WINDEV or WEBDEV does not manage the USB port but the device that is installed on this port. If the device installed is:
- a printer, you have the ability to use the print functions.
- a scanner, you have the ability to use the TWAIN functions,
In most cases, the devices connected to a USB port are supplied with a driver. We advise you handle this driver from WINDEV directly.
WINDEV offers USB functions
to handle the elements accessible from a USB port.
Unit examples (WINDEV): Direct print
This page is also available for…