- Translation method
- Automatic translation of the interfaces
- Checking out and checking in the information to translate
- Languages that use a specific character set
- Translating specific windows and pages
- Managing the HFSQL errors
- Automatic error management
- User groupware
- Report viewer
- System menus/Popup menu of AAF
Translating the interface into multiple languages
When the different languages supported by the application have been defined in the project characteristics, the information displayed by the application must be translated into these different languages.
To translate the interface into several languages, some elements must be taken into account:
Remark: From version 19, HFSQL is the new name of HyperFileSQL.
Several translation modes are available:
- Automatic translation of the interfaces via a specific translation tool found on the development computer. This translation is performed in the editor of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
- Checking out and checking in the information to translate with WDMSG.
Automatic translation of the interfaces
For each object, different multilingual areas are displayed in the description window. These multilingual areas allow you to enter information in the different languages supported by the project.
To translate this information from the different editors:
- Display the options of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile: On the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV/WEBDEV/WINDEV Mobile".
- Go to the "Translation" tab. This tab is used to define:
- the default translation tool (as well as the transmission mode for the text to translate and for the translated text).
- the source and destination languages for the translation.
- If a translation tool is specified, a "Translate" button ( ) will be displayed in each element containing information to translate. This button is used to translate the selected text via the specified translation tool.
For more details, see:
Checking out and checking in the information to translate
(independent tool) is used to check out all the messages from a project (captions of controls, ...) and to check them back in once they have been translated. For more details, see the help about WDMSG
Contact PC SOFT Sales Department for more details about the conditions for using this product.
Languages that use a specific character set
If your application supports languages that use specific character sets (Greek, Russian, and so on), you must enter the translation of the multilingual messages by using these specific character sets.
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to automatically manage the use of specific character sets in the editor.
When the text cursor is located in the input area of a language that uses a specific character set, the corresponding input language (character set used by the keyboard) is automatically enabled.
Therefore, if a text is entered in the "Russian" area of the description window of a control, the Russian character set will be automatically used by the keyboard.
Reminder: To use specific character sets, the files corresponding to the desired character sets must be installed in the Windows region settings (control panel).
- typing the caption of an edit control:
- entering a multilingual message in the code editor:
Remark: If you do not want to automatically enable the input language (language used by the keyboard) corresponding to the current language:
- Go to the "Translation" tab in the options (on the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV/WEBDEV/WINDEV Mobile").
- Uncheck "Enable automatic change of input regional settings".
Translating specific windows and pages
Automatic error management
By default, the automatic error management windows are provided in English and in French. To translate them into another language, you must:
- Include the default error windows in your application. These windows are supplied (as well as their WLanguage code) in \Programs\Data\Preset windows\Assertion - Error - Exception.
- Translate the different messages (see previous paragraph).
These windows are also available in Java applications.
By default, the user groupware is provided in English and French.
To translate an application or a site that uses the user groupware, you must choose the "Custom user groupware" mode when the user groupware is included in your application. Reminder: To integrate the user groupware into your application, go to the "Project" tab, "Project" group and click "User groupware".
The different windows/pages of the user groupware will be included in your project.
Then, all you have to do is translate these windows/pages.
Remark: Uncheck "Automatic start" if necessary: this allows you to display a window or page for language selection before starting the login window/page.
By default, the report viewer window is available in English and in French.
To translate the report viewer, the corresponding windows must be integrated in your application. These windows are supplied (as well as their WLanguage code) in \Programs\Data\Preset windows\Preview. For more details, see Customizing the report viewer
Then, all you have to do is translate these windows.
System menus/Popup menu of AAF
WINDEV proposes a default popup menu for some controls. This menu allows the user to easily perform several operations.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment