- Link between a control and a WLanguage variable or between a control and an item of a data file
- Link with an item: types of link
In french: FichierVersEcran
Not available with this kind of connection
Automatically initializes the controls found in a window or in a page with:
- the values of the associated items in the current record (loaded in memory) of the data file described in the data model editor. This operation is performed regardless of the status of the controls (grayed, inactive or invisible).
- the values of the associated WLanguage variables. This operation is performed regardless of the status of the controls (grayed, inactive or invisible).
Only the link with the items of a data file is supported. The link with the WLanguage variables is not supported in this version.
- FileToScreen performs no read operation on the data file. The value of the record loaded in memory is used to initialize the controls. Therefore, a record must be loaded in memory beforehand (HRead, HReadSeek, HReadFirst, etc.).
- This function is global to the window. If it is called in an internal window, the parent window and the other internal windows will benefit from it. The mechanism is identical for the pages.
- In WEBDEV, you also have the ability to use FileToPage.
HReadSeekFirst(Customer, Name, "PAUL")
IF HFound() = True THEN
// Read the record and transfer the items to the controls
FileToScreen([<Window/Page> [, <Source>]])
<Window/Page>: Name of window or page
Name of the window or page containing the controls to initialize.
If this parameter is not specified or is an Void string (""), the window to which the current code belongs is used.
If this parameter is specified, it must correspond to the name of the current page. Otherwise, an error occurs.
<Source>: Optional character string (with quotes)
Name of the source to which the controls to update are linked. This source can be:
If this name is not specified, all the window controls that have a link with a data file described in the data model editor or with a WLanguage variable are taken into account.
- The name of a data file: only the controls that have a link with this data file are taken into account.
- The name of a WLanguage variable: only the controls that have a link with this WLanguage variable are taken into account.
- If the name of the variable is enclosed in quotes, the link will be performed with the specified variable.
- If the name of the variable is not enclosed in quotes, the link will be performed with the content of the variable (variable containing the name of another variable, for example).
Link between a control and a WLanguage variable or between a control and an item of a data file
The link between a control and a WLanguage variable or between a control and an item of a data file can be known:
- In the editor, in the control description window ("Link" tab).
- By programming, with DataBinding.
Link with an item: types of link
Two types of links can be found between a control and an item:
- direct link: In this case, FileToScreen transfers the value of the items found in the record loaded in memory into the linked control, without performing any read operation.
- link by search in a linked data file.
- Auto-filled Combo Box control linked to an HFSQL data file: FileToScreen must not be in the window "Global Declarations" event. The function must be in the "Initializing" event of the window.
- Space characters in HFSQL items are kept.
- FileToScreen assigns the image controls linked to image memo items.
- FileToScreen manages the NULL value. If the content of the item corresponds to NULL, an empty string will be displayed in the associated edit control. To modify this display mode, use ControlError.
- FileToScreen does not operate with the views. The items must be assigned one by one to the controls.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment