- one or all variables of file items with their default values.
The default values are defined when the data file is described in the data model editor.
- HReset does not modify the record in the data file, it only modifies the data in memory.
- HReset modifies the NewRecord property of relevant data file: this property is switched to True.
// Assign the default values to the items
Initializing the file items with their default values Hide the details
<Result> = HReset([<Data file> [, <Item>]])
- True if the initialization was performed,
- False if a problem occurs. HErrorInfo returns more details.
<Data file>: Optional character string
Name of the data file used. If this name is not specified, HReset will use the last data file used by the last HFSQL function (function starting with "H").
<Item>: Optional character string
Name of item to initialize. If this parameter is not specified or if it is equal to "*", the initialization will be performed for all data file items.
This parameter is ignored. All the items are automatically reinitialized.
HReset opens the data file used. Therefore, the data file must have been created.
Business / UI classification: Business Logic