Stores a unique computer number or identifier in order to use the log and transactions in network. The computer corresponds to the user computer.
By default, the computer is identified by a unique number and by the computer name (defined in Windows). To easily identify the computer that performs the operations in transaction, HComputer
allows you to define an identifier specific to the computer. This optional identifier replaces the computer name and it can be viewed in WDTrans
// Assign the computer number read in "COMPUTERNUM" entry
// of "MYPROGRAM" section of "WIN.INI" file
ComputerNum is TO string
ComputerNum = INIRead("MYPROGRAM", "COMPUTERNUM", "")
IF ComputerNum = "" THEN
Error("Problem retrieving the computer number")
<Result> = HComputer(<Identifier>)
- True if the computer number was stored,
- False otherwise. HError returns more details about the problem.
<Identifier>: Character string
Identifies the current computer (up to 16 characters). This identifier can be viewed in WDTrans and WDLog. This identifier corresponds to the name of the client computer (returned by NetMachineName) or to the name of the computer where the data files are located (for a remote analysis).
- In most cases, HComputer is used in network in association with a parameter file found on the local computer and indicating its number.
- HComputer is useless if the data files do not have a log and/or if they are not the source of a transaction.
- If HComputer is used after HTransactionStart, the computer number will be modified for the next operations performed.
- This function is not available when using a database via Remote Access.
Business / UI classification: Business Logic