- Operating mode of custom errors
- Using a class method to customize the errors
- Customizing the default error windows
- Customizing default error pages
In french: HSurErreur
Not available with this kind of connection
Customizes the management of HFSQL errors.
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile propose an automatic management of errors. The automatic management of errors can be disabled or enabled for one or more data files, for one or more types of errors. To do so, use HOnError
and specify an empty string for the name of window, page or procedure. For more details, see Assisted HFSQL error handling
The automatic management of errors is not available for the stored procedures.
can be used to manage the error in a stored procedure.
<Result> = HOnError(<Data file> , <Type of error> [, <Procedure/window/page>])
- True if the operation was successfully performed,
- False otherwise. HError returns more details about the problem.
<Data file>: Character string
Name of the data file used. If this parameter is equal to "*" the customization will be applied to all data files found in the analysis or defined through programming.
<Type of error>: Constant or combination of constants
Type of error to configure.
<Procedure/window/page>: Optional character string
- Name of window or procedure to call when a <Type of error> error occurs.
- Name of page or procedure to call when a <Type of error> error occurs.
- Name of object method if HOnError is called in a method of this object.
- Name of procedure to call when a <Type of error> error occurs.
- Parameter not specified. If "Enable the automatic HFSQL help" is checked in the project, the default window or page for automatic management of errors is used for the specified type of error and for the specified data file.
- Empty string. In this case, the automatic management of errors will be disabled.
Remark: To disable the automatic management of errors, you also have the ability to uncheck "Enable the automatic HFSQL help" in the project.
Remark: In some cases (loss of connection errors for example), the procedure/window/page will be run during the next call to the WLanguage function following the event that triggered the error.
Special case: using a window, a page or a procedure found in a component
Only some of the windows/pages for the automatic management of errors are available. The automatic management of errors is disabled for these errors.
: The following syntax must be used:
HOnError(<Data file>, <Type>, ...
"<Component>.<Name of set of procedures>.<Procedure name>")
HOnError(<Data file>, <Type>, "<Component>.<Window name>")
HOnError(<Data file>, <Type>, "<Component>.<Page name>")
If a loss of connection occurs, to ask for reconnection, this procedure must call HReconnect
Operating mode of custom errors
The procedure, window or page used to customize the error must return one of the following constants:
|opCancel||The function that triggered the error returns an error as if the assisted management was disabled. |
Remark: For the errors of loss of connection, the error is fatal.
|opEndProcess||The function that triggered the error returns an error and the current process stops. Equivalent to the following line of code:|
IF NOT <HFSQL function> THEN SetFocusAndReturnToUserInput()
|opEndProgram||The function that triggered the error returns an error and the program stops. Equivalent to the following line of code:|
IF NOT <HFSQL function> THEN EndProgram()
|opRelaunchProgram||The program stops and the application is automatically restarted.
|opRetry||The function that triggered the error is re-run.|
If a loss of connection occurs, to ask for reconnection, HReconnect
must be used in the procedure called by HOnError
Using a class method to customize the errors
<Name of procedure or window> can also correspond to a method of an object if HOnError is called in a method of this object. All you have to do is specify the name of the method to use (without using the object name as prefix).
A fatal error occurs if the object used in the call to HOnError is no longer allocated when the HFSQL engine calls the method
Training (WINDEV): WD Managing HFSQL Errors
This page is also available for…