- Chart appearance
- Zoom and crosshair (not available in the reports)
- Managing the zoom
- Managing the crosshair
- Title and legend
- Animations and background image
- Background image
Chart control: "Details" tab
Regardless of the editor (window, page or report), the "Details" tab found in the description window of Chart control is used to describe:
The characteristics regarding the chart appearance are as follows:
- Reduce the jagged effects (Antialiasing): allows you to use the antialiasing if GDI+ is installed.
This option is not available.
- Realistic light effect: allows you to use a light effect on the chart. If this option is checked, the bevel percentage is used to configure the inclination of light.
- Automatic border colors: If this option is checked, the colors for the border of series are automatically calculated.
- Gradient colors: Allows you to use gradient colors in the display of series. The gradient is vertical by default but you have the ability to use a horizontal gradient.
- Display the stacked labels as well: This option allows the labels to be stacked in the Pie, Semi-circular and Donut charts, ...
- Display labels outside sections: This option allows the labels to be positioned outside the sections in the Pie, Semi-circular and Donut charts, ...
- Show values: Used to display the values in addition to percentages in the labels. You have the ability to define the display mask that will be used.
The Display values vertically displays the values vertically.
Zoom and crosshair (not available in the reports)
Managing the zoom
Enabling the zoom allows the user to perform a zoom on the data displayed in the chart.
- Allow horizontal zoom: allows you to enable the zoom of values according to the horizontal axis. The zoom scrollbar is placed below the control.
- Allow vertical zoom: allows you to enable the zoom of values according to the vertical axis. The zoom scrollbar is placed on the right of control.
Managing the crosshair
The crosshair allows the user to precisely know the pointed value. For more details, see Crosshair in a chart
The crosshair is enabled via "Enable chart crosshair".
The "Multiple crosshair (stacked lines and columns)" option allows using multiple crosshairs in Line or Column charts.
Remark: The crosshair is available for the following types of charts: Area, Bubble, Line, Column, MinMax, Radar and Waterfall.
The title and the legend can be configured in a Chart control.
The "Edit chart title" button is used to display the chart title description window . This window is used to:
- Type (if necessary) the chart title.
- Configure its positioning. If a manual positioning is selected, you have the ability to move the title area in the editor.
- Configure the style used to display the chart title.
The "Edit chart legend" button is used to display the chart legend description window. This window is used to:
- Define the positioning of legend.
This positioning can be automatic or manual.
If a manual positioning is selected, you can:
- move the legend area in the editor.
- choose the position of captions (in row or in column)
- adapt the legend size to the content
- Define the aspect of legend: A rounded border can be used for the legend.
- Defin the style of legend (font, ...).
Animations and background image
Some charts can be animated.
For the 2D charts, you have the ability to enable (or not) the animations.
For the 3D charts, several options can be configured:
- Zoom in,
- Progressive drawing,
- Progressive colors.
The background image will be displayed in chart background.
The 9-slice scaling mode can be used for this image.
This page is also available for…