- Adding data
- Adding data into the different types of charts
In french: grAjouteDonnée
Adds a data into a chart.
: A specific WLanguage function must be used for "advanced" charts (see "Remarks"
: A specific configuration is required to use this function in Linux. For more details, see The charts
// Add a data into the "CHART_MyChart" control.
// This data (whose value is 10) is added at the end of the first series.
grAddData(CHART_MyChart, 1, 10)
grAddData(<Chart name> , <Series number> [, <Index>] , <Value>)
<Chart name>: Control name or character string
Name of the chart to be used. This name corresponds to:
- the chart name defined through programming with grCreate. This name must be in quotation marks.
- the name of the Chart control (in the window, page or report editor). This name must not be in quotation marks.
<Series number>: Integer
Number of the series into which a value will be added.
For example, if the Chart control displays 2 lines, this is used to identify the line for which the data must be added.
If the specified number does not exist, the series between the last existing series and the specified number are automatically created and initialized to 0.
<Index>: Optional integer
Index of the data in the series into which a value must be added.
For example, for a Line chart, this parameter corresponds to the X-axis of the value to add.
If this parameter:
- is not specified, the value is added at the end of the series.
- is specified, the former value is replaced.
<Value>: Integer or real
Value to add.
For example, for a Line chart, this parameter corresponds to the Y-axis of the value to add.
- The data added by grAddData will be taken into account during the next call to grDraw.
- For a pie chart (grPie constant), only the data found in the first series is used. A Pie chart cannot be drawn if the data found in the first series is null.
- For the "Stacked bar" charts, if the value of the first series is negative, the corresponding bar is oriented toward the bottom.
Adding data into the different types of charts
Training (WINDEV): WD Chart
[ + ]
This example presents the different uses of the Chart control.
Different types of charts are presented:
The main features presented here are the possibility to customize of charts from the code, as well as to fill the chart from an HFSQL data file, or in the editor.
Unit examples (WEBDEV): The Chart functions
[ + ]
This example presents the main features of the chart designer of WEBDEV and it allows you to:
- Create a chart: Pie, Column or Line
- Define the display area of a chart
- Define the options of the chart (legend, percentage, ...)
Unit examples (WINDEV Mobile): The Chart control
[ + ]
Using the Chart control to display different types of charts:
- Pie (or pie chart)
- Column chart
Unit examples (WINDEV Mobile): The Chart functions
[ + ]
Using the Chart functions:
- create a Pie, Column or Line chart by programming
- define the chart options (legend, percentage, ...)
Business / UI classification: Neutral code
This page is also available for…