In this chart:
1. Title of vertical axis
This parameter is displayed if the axis title was defined in the "General" tab of the Chart control description. This parameter can also be defined through programming with grAxisTitle
. A title can also be defined for the horizontal axis.
2. X value of point.
This value is one of the data of first series.
3. Y value of point.
This value is one of the data of second series.
4. Chart title.
The characteristics of the chart title can be defined in the "Details" tab of the control description ("Edit chart title").
You can define the chart title, its position and style.
The characteristics of the legend can be defined in the "Details" tab of the control description ("Edit chart legend").
You can define its position and its style.
6. Labels of series.
The legend caption corresponds to the caption of first chart series (defined in the "Series" tab).
7. Color of series.
A color can be defined for each series in the "Series" tab of the control description. The color taken into account will be the one defined for the first series. An automatic color is used by default.
The mark is automatically calculated by default. The "General" tab of the control description is used to:
- define a specific graduation.
- define a scale on the X-axis according to the time. This option operates with Date or DateTime data coming from a Table control or from an HFSQL item. This option cannot be used with a series filled through programming.
- define a logarithmic scale on the Y axis.
- define the orientation of the marks.
9. Marks and title of horizontal axis.
10. Scrollbars used to perform a zoom
The ability to zoom in a chart can be defined in the "Details" tab the of control description. This option is available in WINDEV only.Remark
: the user can also enable the zoom with the popup menu of chart
- The points found in a scatter chart can be linked or unlinked (grScatterLinkPoint).
This function can also be used to link or unlink the points of a single series.