- Operating mode in Windows Vista (and later)
In french: fChangeTaille
Resizes an external file.
New in version 28
<Result> = fChangeSize(<File used> , <New file size>)
- True if the change of size was performed,
- False otherwise.
<File used>: Integer or DiskFile variable
<New file size>: Integer
New size of the file in bytes.
- The file is truncated if the new size is less than the initial size.
- The file is enlarged if the new size is greater than the initial size: the content between the former size and the new size is not defined.
Operating mode in Windows Vista (and later)
If this function does not operate properly in Windows Vista (and later), check whether the file or directory used is not in one of the system directories (Windows directory or "Program Files" directory).
In Windows Vista (and later), with the UAC mechanism (User Account Control) enabled
, you must have administrator privileges to handle and/or modify the files or directories in system directories (Windows directory or "Program Files" directory).
Programming tip: To handle and/or modify the files or directories without administrator privileges, you should:
- avoid writing to the Windows directory or to the "Program Files" directory,
- use the system directory of the application (returned by SysDir with the srAppDataCommun constant, for example).
Business / UI classification: Business Logic
This page is also available for…