- Program execution mode
- Keywords of API "VerQueryValue" function
In french: ExeInfo
Retrieves the specified information about the version of an executable or DLL.
ProgVersion is string
ProgVersion = ExeInfo(exeVersion, "Appli.exe")
IF ProgVersion <> "2.0A" THEN
Error("Invalid program version")
// Retrieve the application name (without the full path)
ProgName = ExeInfo("OriginalFilename", "App.exe")
// The executable was not renamed
ProgName = fExtractPath(ExeInfo(exeName), fFile + fExtension)
sExeDir is string
IF InTestMode() = True THEN
// In test mode, return the runtime directory
sExeDir = fCurrentDir()
sExeDir = ExeInfo(exeDirectory)
<Result> = ExeInfo(<Keyword> [, <Executable name>])
<Result>: Character string
- Requested information.
- Empty string ("") if there is no information or if the function failed.
<Keyword>: String constant
Information to retrieve:
|exeCompany||Name entered for the company when creating the executable.|
|exeCopyright||Copyright of program|
|exeDescription||Description supplied with the program|
|exeDirectory||Directory of executable (without the final \ but with the ":")|
|If this constant is specified, <Result> can correspond to:|
- empty string ("") if the application was manually started by the user.
- the exePushNotification constant if the application was automatically started by the system further to the reception of a push notification.
- the exeInBackground constant if the application was started in the background (detection of group of Beacons or during geolocation tracking).
- the exeGeoTracking constant if the application was started in the background during the geolocation tracking. For more details, see Geolocation tracking.
This constant is kept for backward compatibility from version 230050. It is equivalent to the exeInBackground constant.
|exeMode||Program mode: compiled in 16, 32 or 64 bits, DOS program, etc.|
|exeName||Name and full path of executable.|
|exeVersion||Version of specified module. |
|exeVersionWindowsFormat||Version of specified module in standard Windows format ("188.8.131.52" for example). |
<Executable name>: Optional character string
Name and full (or relative) path of executable or module used (up to 260 characters). If this parameter is not specified, the current executable is used.
Program execution mode
To get the program execution mode, use the exeMode
ProgMode = ExeInfo(exeMode)
The function result can correspond to:
- "16" if the Windows program is compiled in 16 bits,
- "32" if the Windows program is compiled in 32 bits,
- "64" if the Windows program is compiled in 64 bits,
- "DOS" if the program is a DOS program,
- an empty string ("") if the program is not an executable.
Keywords of API "VerQueryValue" function
The <Keyword> parameter can be replaced with one of the keywords used by the API "VerQueryValue" function:
This page is also available for…