- Operating mode
- Method for accessing Lotus Notes:
- Version of Lotus Notes
- Handling data
- Sending emails
- Reading emails
WINDEV and WINDEV allow you to easily access the data handled by Lotus Notes (Domino database). You have the ability to retrieve, modify, add or handle your contacts, appointments, tasks, emails, databases, ...
The data managed by Lotus Notes is organized as follows:
- A database per user containing the emails, the tasks and the appointments of this user.
- A database common to all users containing the contacts and the groups of contacts.
- Several databases containing documents.
To access Lotus Notes, the Lotus Notes client must be installed on the end-user computers.
Method for accessing Lotus Notes:
- Establishing the connection with the Domino server: NotesOpenConnection.
- Starting a session for accessing the emails, tasks, appointments, contacts and/or groups of contacts: EmailStartNotesSession (by specifying the identifier of the connection and the local or remote Lotus Notes database to use, syntax 2) or EmailStartSession associated with an emailNotesSession variable.
- Starting a session for accessing documents: NotesOpenDatabase (by specifying the connection identifier and the local or remote Lotus Notes database to use).
- Changing the Lotus Notes database to use: NotesCloseDatabase and NotesOpenDatabase.
- Closing the connection to the Domino server: CloseSession or EmailCloseSession.
Quick method if you do not want to access the documents
If you only want to access the emails, tasks, appointments, contacts and/or groups of contacts, you have the ability to establish the connection with the Domino server and to start a session for accessing the Lotus Notes database by using EmailStartNotesSession
directly (syntax 1), without calling NotesOpenConnection
Version of Lotus Notes
The access to Lotus Notes is available for Lotus Notes version 6.5 or later.
Once the connection was established with the Domino server and once the Lotus Notes database was specified, you have the ability to handle:
When sending an email, if one or more CR characters are found at the end of the outgoing message, these characters are automatically deleted by Lotus Notes. This deletion is performed when the message is converted into a Rich Text string.
Caution: To send emails, Lotus Notes must be installed in connected mode (and not in local mode).
The order in which the emails are read may differ from the order in which the emails are displayed in Lotus Notes.
Unit examples (WINDEV): Accessing the Notes and Outlook databases
[ + ]
Accessing the contacts found in the Lotus Notes and Outlook databases in WLanguage.
Several WLanguage functions are used to access the Lotus Notes and Outlook databases in native mode.
This page is also available for…