Allows you to access data handled by the Outlook messaging software (emails, contacts, groups of contacts, tasks, appointments and folders). This function is equivalent to EmailStartOutlookSession
. To close the session, you must use CloseSession
Caution: This function cannot be used to access the data handled by the Outlook Express messaging software.
Remark: When using OutlookStartSession, the current directory is automatically modified by Outlook.
// Start the session
IF OutlookStartSession("MyProfile") <> 0 THEN
<Result> = OutlookStartSession(<Profile> [, <Start options>])
- Session identifier.
- 0 or False if an error occurred. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo with the errMessage constant.
<Profile>: Character string
Identifies the connection profile.
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""):
- if several profiles are defined on the current computer, OutlookStartSession displays a window containing all profiles among which the user can choose his own profile.
- if a single profile is defined on the current computer, OutlookStartSession automatically selects this profile.
<Start options>: Optional integer constant
Mode for starting the Outlook session:
|The AppointmentXXX functions will list the contacts associated with the appointments in the mAppointment.Participant variable (see Appointment structure).|
|outlookAPTWithParticipant||The AppointmentXXX functions will list the participants associated with the appointments in the following variables:|
For more details, see Appointment structure.
To start a new session with Outlook, a "profile" must be defined. This "profile" is defined in the configuration of the Internet connection with Outlook.
To create a profile:
- Start Outlook.
- In the "Choosing a profile" window, click [New].
- Select the "Microsoft Exchange Server" service.
- Give a name to the profile.
- Enter the name of Microsoft Exchange server.
modifies the path of the current directory (returned by fCurrentDir