- Action of EmailOpenMail
- In which code should I use EmailOpenMail?
- Special cases
In french: EmailOuvreMessagerie
Opens the default messaging software:
- of Web user on the browser computer.
- of the user on the current Windows computer.
// Opens the messaging software
// Opens the software and specifies the email recipient
// the subject and text of the email
EmailOpenMail("email@example.com", "Subject: LST", "Text: The LST summary")
EmailOpenMail([<Email address> [, <Email subject> [, <Message body>]]])
<Email address>: Optional character string
Email address of recipient. This address will be displayed in the window of messaging software.
<Email subject>: Optional character string
Email subject that will be displayed in the window of messaging software.
<Message body>: Optional character string
Text of message. Non-alphanumeric characters are automatically converted in order to allow for special characters to be passed (CR characters, tabulations, ...).
Action of EmailOpenMail
EmailOpenMail triggers an action on the page displayed in the browser of Web user. However, Internet browsers allow one single action on the page per process.
For example, if a process performs the following actions:
- Send a page to the server (PageSubmit).
- Open the messaging software (EmailOpenMail).
Only the last action (open the messaging software) will be performed.
In which code should I use EmailOpenMail?
In WEBDEV, some types of buttons automatically trigger an action on the page:
- "submit" button,
- "other" button whose action differs from "none".
If EmailOpenMail is used in the browser click code of these buttons (or in a procedure called by this process), this function will be ignored: only the action of the button will be performed.
Consequences: EmailOpenMail cannot be used in a code triggering an action (automatically or not). This function is ignored:
- in the click code of a "send to server" button.
- in the click code of an "other" button whose action differs from "none".
- if it is followed by PageSubmit or by EmailOpenMail (in the current process, in a procedure called by the current process or in another process called by Execute).
To use EmailOpenMail from a button (browser click code of the button), this button must have the following characteristics:
- type of button: "Other".
- action: "None".
- A non-fatal error is triggered if no application for sending emails is found on the device. To find out whether the application for sending emails failed to start, use the ErrorOccurred variable.
- EmailOpenMail is a non-blocking function. The code that follows the call to this function will continue to run as soon as the application for sending emails is started.
- There is no way to find out whether the sending of the email was validated by the user.
Cross-platform examples (WINDEV Mobile): WM Managing Contacts
This page is also available for…