- Controls taken into account by the programmed Drag and Drop
- Programmed Drag and Drop - Simplified mode
The programmed Drag and Drop is used to entirely manage Drag/Drop between the different types of controls. Depending on its type, the control can be source or target of Drag and Drop.
This help page presents:
Detailed examples for using the programmed Drag and Drop are available:
Controls taken into account by the programmed Drag and Drop
The following controls are taken into account by the programmed Drag and Drop:
|Source of Drag and Drop ||Target of Drag and Drop|
|Only the following controls:|
- Edit control
- List box and listview
- Bar code
- TreeView Table
|All types of controls except:|
- Progress Bar
- Web Camera
- Video conference
Caution: the "Touch scrolling" option must not be checked in the control description window. Otherwise, the programmed Drag and Drop will fail.
The following controls are taken into account by the programmed Drag and Drop (source and target):
- Edit control
- Static control
- List Box
- Formatted display control
- Combo Box
- Control template
- The Upload control can also be target of a programmed Drag and Drop.
- At this time, only Firefox and Chrome fully support Drag and Drop via HTML 5. If the new versions of the different browsers include the management of Drag and Drop via HTML 5, this feature will be automatically supported by WEBDEV.
To perform a programmed Drag and Drop between several controls of a WINDEV application or WEBDEV site:
- In the initialization code of the source control:
- Define that a programmed "Drag and Drop" will be performed (DndSource property).
- Define the procedure run at the beginning of the "Drag" action (DnDEvent for the dndBeginDrag event).
- In the initialization code of the target control:
- Define that a programmed "Drag and Drop" will be performed (DndTarget property).
- Define the procedure run when hovering the control (DnDEvent for the dndDragOver event). In this procedure, you have the ability to define the mouse cursor with DnDCursor.
- Define the procedure run during the "Drop" on the control (DnDEvent for the dndDrop event).
- In each one of the WLanguage procedures called, define the action to run via the "Drag and Drop" functions of WLanguage.
Programmed Drag and Drop - Simplified mode
To enable the programmed Drag and Drop, you also have the ability to enable the Drag and Drop processes in the code of the control.
This activation replaces the call to DnDEvent
as well as the creation of the associated procedures. However, this simplified management is only available for the following types of controls:
- TreeView Table,
Equivalence between DnDEvent
and the processes for managing Drag and Drop:
|Full programmed mode|
Constant used by DndEvent(Procedure Name, Control, Constant)
|Simplified programmed mode|
Process of the control
|DndBeginDrag||Beginning of source Drag/Drop (DndBeginDrag)|
|DndDragEnter||Entry in target Drag/Drop (DndDragEnter)|
|DndDragLeave||Exit in source Drag/Drop (DndDragLeave)|
|DndDragOver||Rollover in target Drag/Drop (DndDragOver)|
|DndDrop||Drop in target Drag/Drop (DndDrop)|
|DndEndDrag||End of source Drag/Drop (DndEndDrag)|
The procedure code will be inserted in the process of the control.
Unit examples (WINDEV): Drag and drop
Unit examples (WEBDEV): The features of Drag And Drop HTML5
This page is also available for…