- Displaying a PNG image
- Transparent image in PNG format
- Drawing in PHP
In french: dSauveImagePNG
// Saves the image found in "IMG_ImageDrawing" in "C:\Documents\Image.PNG"
ResSave = dSaveImagePNG(IMG_ImageDrawing, "C:\Documents\Image.PNG")
// Saves in memory the image found in "IMG_ImageDrawing"
ResSave = dSaveImagePNG(IMG_ImageDrawing, inMemory)
Syntax not available
Saving an image in memory Hide the details
<Result> = dSaveImagePNG(<Image> , <inMemory> [, <Transparency color>])
Byte string containing the image in PNG format.
Then, this byte string can be assigned to an Image control, saved in a file (fSaveText), sent via a network (with the Socket functions), ...
In browser code, this byte string can only be assigned to another image ("Localize the image in the _WEB directory in browser code" must be unchecked). It cannot be saved in a file to build an image file.
<Image>: Name of the Image control or variable
- Name of the Image, Bar Code or Web Camera control to be used. Image controls in a report cannot be used.
- Name of the Image or Web Camera control to be used.
- Name of the Image control to be used.
- Name of the Image variable to be used.
This type of variable is not available.
inMemory: Constant used to save an image in memory.
<Transparency color>: Optional integer
Color that will be considered as being transparent in the image. This color can correspond to:If this parameter is not specified, the generated image is not transparent.
This parameter is ignored.
Displaying a PNG image
Caution: If the image in PNG format is semi-transparent, the display of the image is slower.
Transparent image in PNG format
To save a transparent image in PNG format, the Image control must be filled with the transparent color beforehand.
Example used to draw a transparent line and to save it in PNG format:
FOR nI = 0 _TO_ IMG_Image1..Width
FOR nJ = 0 _TO_ IMG_Image1..Height
dPoint(nI, nJ, RGB(255,255,255), 0)
dPen(RGB(100, 020, 200), 0,10, 100)
dLine(10, 10, 100, 10)
dSaveImagePNG(IMG_Image1, CompleteDir(fExeDir()) + "img.png")
Drawing in PHP
In PHP, the drawing functions are based on the graphic library GD. This library is commonly used by the PHP hosting companies and therefore it is always enabled. The version of the GD library must be version 2.0.28 (or later). This library can be downloaded from the PHP site.
To enable (if necessary) this library locally, the following elements are required:
- PHP installed.
- the PHP.INI file found in the Windows directory must contain the following line: "extension=php_gd2.dll" (instead of ";extension=php_gd2.dll").
- the php_gd2.dll file must exist in the directory of PHP extensions. This directory is defined in the PHP.INI file by the "extension_dir" variable.
This page is also available for…