- Mobile development environment
- WLanguage functions
Mobile development environment
WINDEV Mobile is a development environment for PC that allows you to develop:
- applications in Universal Windows 10 App mode.
- The generated applications operate on mobile devices only (equipped with ARM, XScale, Samsung and ARM-compatible processors). These applications do not operate on PC.
- Starting with version 27, it is no longer possible to develop Windows Mobile applications. Windows Mobile, Windows CE and Windows Embedded are no longer supported by Microsoft, but are still used in the industrial field.
To continue developing for Windows Mobile, you must use version 26. Version 28 gives you access to version 26, which can be downloaded here.
Most of the WLanguage functions available in WINDEV are also available in WINDEV Mobile. These functions are common to both IDEs.
Only the functions specific to Windows are not available in WINDEV Mobile.
The following diagram presents the WLanguage functions that can be used according to the type of developed application:
The data handled by a WINDEV Mobile application can come from:
- an HFSQL Classic or HFSQL Client/Server database.
- ".INI" files.
- text files (ANSI or UNICODE).
This page is also available for…