is used to find out whether the thumbnails of an item were generated properly.
This item was defined in the data model editor or by programming.
Remark: The HFSQL thumbnails of an item are automatically generated:
Remark: From version 19, HFSQL is the new name of HyperFileSQL.
// Generate the first thumbnail for the description of the Photo item?
InfoGene is string
InfoGene = Product.Photo.InfoThumbnailGeneration
// equivalent to InfoGene = Photo.InfoThumbnailGeneration
// Generate the Nth thumbnail of the Product.Image item?
InfoGene is string
InfoGene = Product.Image.InfoThumbnailGeneration[num]
IF InfoGene = "" THEN
// Thumbnail number greater than the number of described thumbnails?
IF num > Product.Image.NbDescribedThumbnail THEN
Error("This thumbnail does not exist")
Info("The thumbnail was successfully generated")
// Generation error
Error("Generation error", InfoGene)
Generation information> = <Data file>.<Item>.InfoThumbnailGeneration[<N]
<Generation information>: Character string
- Empty string ("") if the specified thumbnail was successfully generated,
- Error message otherwise.
An empty string ("") is also returned:
- if <N> is greater than the number of thumbnails described for the item. To find out the number of thumbnails described for a given item, use NbDescribedThumbnail.
- if the current record was written by a Hyper File 9 (or earlier) engine (see the Notes).
<Data file>: Character string (with or without quotes)
Name of data file used. This name was defined in the data model editor or by the File description type.
<Item>: Character string (with or without quotes)
Name of binary memo item used. This name was defined in the data model editor or by the Item description type.
<N>: Optional integer
Number of the thumbnail used. If this parameter is not specified, the generation information of the first thumbnail is returned.
The Property InfoThumbnailGeneration is available:
- in HFSQL Classic and in HFSQL Mobile: for the items found in a data file, in a view or in a query.
- in HFSQL Client/Server: for the items found in a data file only.
The Property InfoThumbnailGeneration
is only available in HFSQL Client/Server on a data file.