- Adding an element
Adding an element to the SCM repository
When an element is added to the SCM (Source Code Manager) repository, it is added to the reference project on the SCM server. This element will be made available to all the users of SCM during their next synchronization.
: By default, when an element is added to the local project, the Source Code Manager automatically proposes adding it to the SCM repository when it is being saved.
To add a specific element to the SCM repository:
- Select the element in the "Project explorer" pane.
- Select "Add to Source Code Manager" in the context menu.
To add an element to the SCM, you can also go to the "SCM" tab, "Current element" group, and click "Add".
The following screen is displayed when an element is added to the SCM:
- In the "Tasks" tab, specify that the new element corresponds to the execution of a task or to the completion of a task.
- In the "Incidents" tab, specify that the new element corrects an incident.
- In the "Comment" tab, enter a comment about the new element. For example, you can specify that this new window or page is used to type the logins of users.
The available options are as follows:
- Check out elements: This option is used to make the element available to the other users while keeping it checked out for modification.
- Do not allow multiple check-outs: This option allows the element to be checked out by a single user at a time. The element cannot be modified by several users at the same time.
- Do not keep history: If this option is checked, no check-in/check-out history will be stored for this element.
Remark: The element history can be enabled afterwards via the properties of the element. To view the properties of the current element, go to the "SCM" tab, "Current element" group and click "Properties".
This page is also available for…