WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile propose a sophisticated Source Code Manager.
The Source Code Manager (SCM), which is fully integrated in the environment, is used to:
- make teamwork easier and faster,
- manage the history of modifications and versions,
- save the sources of the development team automatically.
Designed for teams between 1 and 100 developers, the SCM promotes and standardizes the collaboration between developers (even when developing alone, the SCM is useful because it contains the history of your applications).
The SCM uses a repository: this repository contains all the sources of the projects: procedures, classes, windows, pages, reports, components, analyses, etc.
This repository can be installed:
- on a server (in HFSQL Classic or HFSQL Client/Server mode),
- on a computer on the network, in a shared directory.
The SCM can be run locally or remotely (via Internet). This feature enables you to work on a project from your office or from a remote site without losing any changes.
The SCM can also be used in offline mode.
: In the earlier versions, teamwork was possible via the developer groupware
. This technology is still available for backward compatibility but we STRONGLY advise you NOT to use it.