- Required configuration
- Configuration required to install WEBDEV
- Configuring the Web servers
- Compatibility with the earlier versions
Installing WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile
This chapter presents the configuration required to install WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile as well as the different steps of setup.
Caution: To install WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile, you must be connected as computer administrator.
Configuration required to install WEBDEV
We will distinguish between the configuration of the development computer (your computer), the configuration required to host your sites (the computer of your hosting company) and the configuration required for using the sites developed in WEBDEV (the computers of the Web users).
- Screen: minimum size: 1920 x 1080
- 4 GB or RAM (8 GB or more recommended).
- 4 GB of disk space (10 GB for a full setup: the software includes hundreds of examples).
- running Windows 10 or later.
Remark: If WEBDEV is used in a virtual machine, hardware acceleration must not be enabled..
- Caution: To install WEBDEV, you must be connected as computer administrator.
- Server 1 GB of RAM.
- Minimum version: Windows 2012 and later
- Recommended version: Windows Server 2016 edition (standard or datacenter) and later.
- Web server (see "Configuring the Web servers").
You will notice that the WEBDEV source code is identical regardless of the Windows version on which the programs will be run.
Computer of the Web user: standard Internet browser.
Remark: Microsoft Edge or Chrome is recommended.
Remarks: When the resolution of the screen on a development computer is important, the size of the character fonts in the WEBDEV editors may not be large enough for an efficient reading. This is the case on a Macbook retina in 2 560 x 1 600 or on the Windows computers in 3 000 x 1 800. To increase the size of all the fonts:
- Open the general options of WEBDEV ("Home" tab, "Environment" group, "Options").
- Go to the "General" tab.
- In "DPI management", select "Let Windows manage DPI".
- The DPI settings will be applied next time WINDEV Mobile is started.For more details, see WEBDEV options.
The setup is very easy, simply follow the instructions included with the setup package.
You can install WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile separately, or integrate them into WINDEV if it is already installed. Up to version 25, this integration is only allowed in 64-bit mode. From version 26, you can integrate WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile into WINDEV in 64-bit and 32-bit mode.
To make things easier, the setup procedure automatically creates the "WINDEV", "WEBDEV" or "WINDEV Mobile" program group in "Start .. Programs" and installs the necessary files.
The WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile setup wizard proposes to help improve the product by allowing the collection of information on how the product is used. This optional and anonymous data collection allows PC SOFT to improve its products.
Configuring the Web servers
When installing WEBDEV, the following servers are automatically configured for WEBDEV:
|IIS 8 and later||Microsoft Internet Information Server version 8 (and later).
Microsoft server provided with Windows 10.
|Apache||Version 2.2, 2.4
Free Web server supplied by the Apache Group.
Remark: Your Web server must be configured manually if it is not displayed in this list.
IMPORTANT: fill and return your registration card today.
The registration card supplied with your product is very important. It enables you to benefit from the free services offered by PC Soft to the customers: Free Technical Support (for a specified number of requests), information about new features or products, product upgrades, ...
You also have the ability to register via Internet directly:
- Start the desired IDE.
- On the "Home" tab, in the "Online help" group, expand "Help" and select "Register product".
The dongle supplied with your product is specific to the development environment.
This dongle is not required for the end users or for the hosting company of your Internet sites.
The principle is simple, the dongle must be plugged in when the product is used.
Two types of keys are available, the key that goes on the parallel port of your computer (most common one) or the USB key.
To make sure that the parallel key operates properly, you must:
- insert the key into the parallel port of your computer when it is switched off
- connect your printer to the dongle
- switch the computer and the printer on
- start a print job
If the document is printed, your dongle is properly connected.
For the USB key, plug it into an available USB port and start WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
Compatibility with the earlier versions
As for all the PC SOFT products, we guarantee backward compatibility with the earlier version.
To migrate the projects created with an earlier version, see the online help.
This page is also available for…