- Frequency for checking the availability of updates
- Interactions with the user when checking the availability of updates
Automatic update (Network applications)
During a network setup, a reference setup is found on one or more reference servers. The users install their application from the reference server.
This step of the wizard allows you to manage automatic application updates from the reference server.
These parameters can be modified when the application is installed on the reference server (to do so, check "These parameters can be modified during the deployment on the server").
Frequency for checking the availability of updates
By default, the availability of an update on the server is checked whenever the application is started. This check frequency can be configured. It can be performed:
- Whenever the application is started.
- Every X days.
Interactions with the user when checking the availability of updates
Whenever it is started, an application installed via a network setup checks whether an update is available on the reference server.
- If a more recent version is available on the server, the application update is proposed to the end user.
- If there is no network connection when opening the application, a warning message is displayed by default.
This message can be useless for an application used on a mobile device, connected intermittently. In this case, simply select "Silent check: Don't inform the user".