- Customizing the interface of setup program (standard setup or network setup)
- To customize the interface of the setup program:
- Customizing the interface of the setup program (compact setup)
- To customize and translate the interface of the compact setup:
Configuring the interface of the setup program
To make the setup of your application more user friendly, the setup editor allows you to customize the interface of the setup program. These options are available in the steps regarding the skin template of the installer.
Two types of customization are available for the interface:
Remark: The customization of the interface may differ according to the runtime language of the setup program.
Customizing the interface of setup program (standard setup or network setup)
By default, the background of the setup program corresponds to a gradient of blue.
To customize your setup program, you can:
- enter a title for the background window.
- select a side image for the setup wizard (a logo).
- display a caption or a logo in the background window.
- select a gradient color or an image for the background.
Remark: WINDEV is supplied with:
- two preset background images.
- two preset side images.
These images are available in the "Programs\Data\Templates\WDInst" sub-directory of the setup directory of WINDEV.
To customize the interface of the setup program:
- Select the language for which the interface must be customized.
- Type the title of background window (). This title will be displayed in the title bar of the window. Specify the application purpose: "Inventory management".
- Click the "Logo" button.
- Configure the interface of the setup program.
By default, the setup wizard is not displayed on a background window. This enables you to only modify the side image of the wizard.
To get all the options, select "Display setup background image".
|Correspondence between the layout options and the setup program:|
|Options for configuring the interface||Setup program|
|Select the side image of the setup wizard. This image is centered on the left side of the setup wizard.|
To be displayed properly, the dimension of this image must be set to 150 x 300 pixels. If the dimensions of the image do not correspond to the specified dimensions, the image will not be resized.
|The background window can contain:|
- a caption. Enter this caption. This caption will be displayed in italic white in the upper-left corner of the background window. Type the application name: "WDCustomers".
Caution: The maximum number of characters is limited. Taking the letters "i" and "m" as reference, the caption can contain between 20 and 70 characters.
- a logo. Select the image that will be displayed at the top of the background window. This logo will be centered and proportionally resized.
To optimize the display of the logo, the window of the setup program will be moved to the bottom.
Caution: If the height of the logo is too important, the bottom of the logo may be hidden by the window of the setup program.
|The wallpaper can correspond to:|
- a gradient color. Select the start color, the end color and the gradient direction.
- an image. This image can be tiled or stretched. Select the image to use.
Customizing the interface of the setup program (compact setup)
By default, the interface of the compact setup is as follows:
The setup creation wizard allows you to customize and translate:
- the texts of this interface
- the error messages displayed.
To customize and translate the interface of the compact setup:
- Click the "Layout" button of the wizard.
- Enter the new messages in the selected language.