- How to proceed?
- Displaying the rulers
- Configuring the rulers
- Handling the markers
- Creating a marker
- Moving a marker
- Deleting markers
- Copying the markers and the guides
- Special case: The border markers
- Definition and move
Alignment rulers (Editor)
When creating or modifying a window in the window editor, you have the ability to display the alignment rulers.
These alignment rulers can also be displayed in the page editor and in the report editor.
These rulers have snap-on guides: any control that comes close to a guide is automatically "snapped" by it. This feature allows you to easily position, align or resize the controls found in the window, page or report.
2: Border markers
Displaying the rulersTo display the rulers, select "Display .. Rulers".To display the rulers, on the "Display" pane, in the "Help for edit" group, check "Rulers".
Two types of guides can be used:
- The guides, used to align and to arrange the controls inside the windows, pages or reports.
- The border guides, used to define a border of identical size on each side of the window, page or report.
Note: To view the window, the page or the report with or without its guides, select "Guide visible" from the popup menu of the rulers.
Whether they are visible or not, the guides are always enabled: a control moved with the mouse toward a marker is automatically snapped by the corresponding guide.
Once the control is attached to the guide, all the controls attached to this guide are automatically moved when the guide is moved.
Note: A control moved with the keyboard keys toward a marker is not always attached to the corresponding guide. Indeed, this operation is performed to the nearest pixel.
Configuring the rulers
The rulers can also be configured from the edit options of the window editor, page editor or report editor. To do so, press F12 ("Magnetism" tab).
This option is used to:
- make the rulers visible or not.
- make the guides visible or not.
- choose the color of the guides.
The markers can be easily handled by the mouse. When a marker is hovered by the mouse, the cursor turns into a double arrow.
Creating a marker
To create a marker:
- 1st method: Click one of the rulers. The marker is created on the nearest mark.
- 2nd method: Select "Add a marker" from the popup menu (right mouse click) of the ruler. The marker is created on the nearest mark.
Moving a marker
To move a marker:
- Click the marker found in the ruler. The cursor turns into a double arrow.
- Move the cursor to the new marker position.
- To delete a marker, select "Delete the marker" from the popup menu (right mouse click) of a marker.
- To delete all the markers from a ruler, select "Delete all" from the popup menu of a ruler.
Copying the markers and the guides
To copy the markers and the guides:
- Select "Copy the guides" from the popup menu of rulers.
- Open the window, page or report where the markers and the guides must be copied.
- Display (if necessary) the rulers in this window, page or report ("Display .. Rulers").Display (if necessary) the rulers in this window, page or report: on the "Display" pane, in the "Help for edit" group, check "Rulers".
- Select "Paste" in the ruler popup menu.
Special case: The border markers
Definition and move
The border markers are used to define a "margin" in the current window (page or report). The border markers are located at the extremities of rulers.
To move the left or right margin, point to a border marker on the horizontal ruler. When the pointer turns into a double arrow, move the margin.
To move the top or bottom margin, point to a border marker on the vertical ruler. When the pointer turns into a double arrow, move the margin.
- The border markers cannot be deleted. If the borders are not required in a window or in a report, the border markers can be reduced to their minimum size.
- By default, the border markers found on the opposite sides are tied: when moving a border marker on one side, the border marker on the opposite side is moved accordingly.
To only modify one of the border markers in the window editor, you must:
- Click the border marker: the mouse cursor turns into a double arrow.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Move the border marker with the mouse.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment