- Test in the simulator
- Test in the emulator
- Test in native
- Direct test on the device connected to the development computer
- Test and debug on the Pocket PC connected to the development computer
- Running a test while using a command line
- Stopping the project test
- Stopping the test of a project in simulator mode
- Stopping the test of a project in the emulator
- Stopping the test of a project on the mobile device
- Directory of data files used for test
Running the test of a Mobile application
Test and debug on the Pocket PC connected to the development computer
To run the test of the current application on the Pocket PC while using the debugger of WINDEV Mobile:
- Expand among the quick access buttons.
- Select "Debug the project (mobile device)"
- If the application was not generated, the wizard for generating the application is automatically started.
- The application is copied onto the device and it is run. The debugger is available during this test. This enables you to follow the progress of the application. See Running a project step by step for more details.
Remark: No dynamic correction is available during this test.
Running a test while using a command line
To run the test of a project using a command line, all you have to do is specify this command line: on the "Project" pane, expand "Test mode" and select "Configure the test mode".
The different elements of the command line will be passed in parameter to the program whose test is currently run.
Reminder: These parameters can be retrieved by programming with OrderLine
Stopping the project test
Stopping the test of a project in simulator mode
In simulator mode, several methods can be used to stop the test:
- 1st method: Close the application whose test is currently run (via an option used to close the application for example). WINDEV displays the editor that was used at the beginning of test.
- 2nd method: Close the window where the test of the Pocket PC application is run.
- 3rd method: Go back to the editor with the taskbar (or Alt + Tab) and confirm that the test must be stopped. WINDEV displays the editor that was used at the beginning of test.
Stopping the test of a project in the emulator
To stop the test of a project in the emulator, all you have to do is close the application in the emulator.
You also have the ability to close the emulator. However, the emulator taking quite a long time to be started, we advise you to leave it opened if several tests must be run.
Stopping the test of a project on the mobile device
During the direct test on the device, all you have to do is stop the application on the device.
Directory of data files used for test
To configure the data files used when running the site test in the editor:
- Open the project description: on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- In the "File" tab, select the location of the test files:
- Current directory: The data files will be in the project EXE subdirectory.
- Specific directory: The data files will be found in the specified directory.
Reminder: When running the test of the application, the data files used are those found on the development computer. The file system also corresponds to the Windows system for PC. To avoid any problem when actually using the application, use InTestMode
to differentiate between the access to the data files in test mode and at run time. See Differences noticed between a simulation and a real execution
for more details
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment