- How to?
- Forcing the synchronization
- Programming a regular synchronization (when the analysis is opened)
Synchronizing the analysis with external databases
The analysis must be synchronized with an external database if it uses:
- data files from an external database (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- data files whose data was not converted to the HFSQL Classic format.
This synchronization is used to take into account the possible modifications made to the structure of the data files found in the external database.
- force the synchronization from the data model editor.
- program an automatic check for the changes made to the external database when opening the analysis.
Forcing the synchronization
To force the synchronization:
- Open the analysis containing the external data files in the data model editor.
- On the "Analysis" tab, in the "Analysis" group, expand "Synchronization" and select "Update analysis from external databases". The external database synchronization wizard starts.
- Select the databases used in the analysis to check.
- Specify the type of check and validate. You have the ability to check:
- the data files (tables) common to the external database and to the analysis.
- all the data files (tables) found in the external database.
- The list of data files that are not consistent with the current analysis is displayed. The current analysis can be updated. Choose the modifications to apply.
- Program (if necessary) a regular check of the structure of the external databases. This check will be automatically performed when the analysis is opened. Specify (if necessary) the frequency of this check.
Programming a regular synchronization (when the analysis is opened)
- Open the analysis containing the external files in the data model editor.
- Open the analysis description window:
- right-click to open the context menu of the analysis scheme.
- select "Analysis description".
- In the "Options" tab, select the synchronization frequency:
This page is also available for…