- Flexible modeling creation wizard
- The different elements that can be inserted into a model
- Describing the elements
- Adding a project element to a flexible modeling
- Managing the altitude of objects
Creating a flexible modeling
To create a new flexible modeling, you can:
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- The creation window appears: click "Architecture" then "Flexible Modeling".
- The wizard for creating a flexible modeling starts.
- Select "New flexible modeling" in the context menu of "Project explorer" pane. The wizard for creating a new modeling starts.
Flexible modeling creation wizard
The wizard for creating a flexible modeling allows you to:
- specify the title of the flexible modeling.
- choose the initial content of the modeling.
This content can be customized thereafter.
- Empty: Blank modeling
- Simple: Modeling that is using a database
- With components: Modeling that is using a database and components.
- choose the advanced properties of the modeling. These properties affect:
- the automatic insertion of title blocks: used to configure the automatic presence of a title block in the main modeling and in the submodels. This option can be modified at any time in the editor.
- the automatic use of the contributors found in the Project Monitoring Center in the list of model actors. This option can be modified at any time in the editor.
The description of the model is completed. The model is displayed in the editor.
The different elements that can be inserted into a model
Describing the elements
Each element of a flexible modeling can be configured via its description window ("Description" from the popup menu of the element).
Adding a project element to a flexible modeling
If you perform a flexible modeling of a WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile project, the elements found in your project can be directly inserted into the modeling. To do so, Drag and Drop an element from the project (found in the "Project explorer" pane or in the "Analysis" pane for example) toward the model.
When the element is inserted into the flexible modeling,
indicates that the element is linked to an object of the project. To open this object directly, you can:
- double-click the arrow.
- select "Open the linked element" from the popup menu.
The "Application", "Process" and "Choice" elements can be used to enter into a "sub-modeling". For example, the description of the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) of a company may include the following sub-models: Management of customers, management of estimates, marketing, production, accounting, ...
Managing the altitude of objects
All the elements found in the modeling editor can be stacked. An element can be found in the foreground or in the background, an element can be moved one level up or down. This allows you to position an image in the background of the modeling for example.
This page is also available for…