- Automatic check for available updates
- Customizing the automatic check for updates with AppDetectUPDAvailable
In french: AppliDétecteMAJDisponible
From version 27
is kept for backward compatibility. This function is replaced by AppDetectUPDAvailable
Disables or customizes the automatic check for available updates.
INTERNAL PROCEDURE UpdateAvailable(Update, Version)
IF Update = appUPDAvailMandatory THEN
ToastDisplay("A mandatory update is available (" + Version + ").")
Automatic check for available updates
The application regularly checks if a network update is available.
Reminder: the check time can be set from WDAdminExe or with AppChangeParameter
If there is an available update, a Windows notification will be displayed only if the user is using the application.
- For optional updates, the notification message is as follows:
An optional update for '<Application name>' is available. To install this update, close and restart the application.
- For mandatory updates, the notification message is as follows:
A mandatory update for '<Application name>' is available. To install this update, close and restart the application.
These messages cannot be modified or configured.
The check for available updates is always active.
- If the user has chosen not to install an optional update at application startup, that version will not be proposed by the notification mechanism.
- Mandatory update notifications are displayed every 5 minutes if the update has not been installed.
- Optional update notifications are not displayed again if the update is not installed. It will only appear next time the application is started.
Management of notifications:
- If the application has an icon in the notification area, the icon will be used to highlight the notification.
- If the application does not have an icon in the notification area, an icon will be created to highlight the notification. A different icon will be used depending on whether the update is optional or mandatory.
Customizing the automatic check for updates with AppDetectUPDAvailable
The <WLanguage procedure> parameter allows you to customize the action taken when the update is detected. This action replaces the Windows notification. This procedure can, for example:
- perform no action: in this case, the user will not be notified that an update is available.
- do a specific action (display an explanatory message as a toast for example). This action will replace the Windows notification.
This page is also available for…