- Preliminary points
- Overview of tutorial
- Legend of symbols used in this guide
- How to access the online help?
- If you are familiar with WINDEV Mobile 23
- What is WINDEV Mobile used for?
: This is a tutorial. We advise you to check the online help when you are using WINDEV Mobile.
The purpose of tutorial is to help you discover WINDEV Mobile, get familiar with the editors and teach you the WINDEV Mobile concepts. This manual does not cover all WINDEV Mobile features.
This manual is intended for the developers who are already familiar with WINDEV. This manual only presents the main concepts required to develop an application for a mobile device (operating in Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows Mobile, ...).
You should plan on spending a few hours to follow this course and to learn WINDEV Mobile: this is a good investment!
WINDEV Mobile evolving all the time, the screen shots found in this course may differ from the windows displayed in your product.
The tutorial was intended to help you develop on the main mobile platforms:
- iOS (iPhone/iPad).
- Universal Windows (Windows 10).
- Windows Mobile/CE.
This tutorial includes the following parts:
The tutorial was designed to progressively teach you how to use WINDEV Mobile. By following this course:
- you will discover the main concepts explained informally ; these are the concepts you must learn and understand.
- you will also be asked to perform operations that illustrate the concepts just explained.
As you progress through the tutorial, if you want to take a closer look at a concept or if you want to get more details about a programming function, see the online help (accessible from the editors).
The size of a lesson is not necessarily proportional to its relevance.
And don't forget to take a look at the examples supplied with WINDEV Mobile: they are very instructive!
Legend of symbols used in this guide
|This symbol indicates the duration of the lesson. Please note that the actual time may vary according to your level of experience.|
|An example is available to complement the lesson. The examples are available in the WINDEV Mobile home page (Ctrl + <).|
|This symbol introduces a "Tip": reading the associated text is strongly recommended.|
|This symbol introduces a "Warning": reading the associated text is essential.|
|This symbol introduces a "Note": reading the associated text is recommended.|
How to access the online help?
The online help of WINDEV Mobile allows you to get detailed information about the 3700 WLanguage functions. The online help also contains the help about the editors and the controls, tips, ...
The online help is available at any time in WINDEV Mobile:
- In the code editor, a specific help is available for each function via the F1 key.
- Each dialog box displayed by WINDEV Mobile proposes a button allowing you to access the corresponding help page.
- The help menu of the editors ("Help" option available on the "Home" pane, in the "Online help" group of the WINDEV Mobile menu) allows you to start the online help.
- The help can be displayed:
- in an Internet browser, if you have access to Internet:
- in a specific "help browser":
|We advise you to check the online help on Internet rather than the local online help. Indeed, the Internet online help is updated on a regular basis.|
The online help of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile on Internet is available from any computer equipped with an Internet access, without the product being necessarily installed.
Each Web user can add comments about the documentation pages: personal notes, examples, links, ...
Note: If you have no access to Internet, you have the ability to start the local help from the product:
- On the "Home" pane, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV Mobile".
- In the "Help" tab, select:
- the access mode to the help database.
- the help content: help common to WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile or help for the product currently used.
If you are familiar with WINDEV Mobile 23
If you are familiar with WINDEV Mobile 23, following this tutorial will do no harm: it's a good opportunity to "review" the features of WINDEV Mobile!
What is WINDEV Mobile used for?
WINDEV Mobile is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment). It allow you to develop applications in many fields:
- Management of stocks
- Inventories, tracking of goods
- Adjustment and monitoring of machines on an assembly line
- Taking orders for fast processing in a temporary outlet (fairs, schools, booth, ...)
- Customer forms
- Help with making snap decisions on a cell phone
- Checking the identity of visitors at an event: trade fair, presentation of products, ...
- On-call doctors or vets
- Taking information in a temporary outlet: trade fair, street poll, stadium, ...
- Returning leased heavy equipment (tools, vehicles, ...) to a parking lot
WINDEV Mobile is a development environment that includes all the tools required to develop an application.
Unlike other programming languages, there is no need to find and add modules to be able to design, check and install an application.
The 5GL (5th Generation Language) of WINDEV Mobile, named WLanguage, will surprise you by its simplicity: a few hours are all you need to get the hang of it, a week is usually all it takes to fully master its potential!
No more programming hassle, WLanguage is available in English and in French!
Click [Add] to post a comment