- Overview of Signature control
- Control of a report
- Creating a Signature control
- Characteristics of the Signature control
- Creating a signature in a report in WLanguage
Overview of Signature control
Control of a report
The Signature control is a report control used to sign:
- the reports generated as PDF.
- the report duplicates.
This Signature control is used to implement 2 types of signatures:
- Approval signature: An approval signature is a numeric signature applied to a document. A PDF document can contain several successive approval signatures, perform with the relevant software. When the document contains an approval signature, a bar with a green checkmark is displayed in Adobe Acrobat.
- Certification signature: In relation to the approval signature, the certification signature guarantees a higher level for checking documents. When the document is certified, a blue bar with a certification icon is displayed in Adobe Acrobat.
Creating a Signature control
To create a Signature control
- Display (if necessary) a report in the report editor.
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Certificate" group, expand "Signature" and select the type of signature to create: approval signature or certification signature.
- Click the position where the control will be created in the report.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Remark: a single Signature control can be created in a report.
Characteristics of the Signature control
The Signature control can be configured in the editor via its description window.
The main control characteristics are available in the "General" tab:
- Type of signature: Type of signature to generate: approval signature or certification signature.
Remark: The type of signature can be modified through programming with the SignatureType property.
- Caption: Caption displayed in the Signature control. This caption can contain information about the person who signed the report for example.
Remark: The signature caption can be modified through programming with the Caption property.
- Image: Image displayed in the Signature control.
Remark: The image of the signature can be modified through programming with the Image property.
- Default certificate: Certificate used to sign the report. The different certificates installed on the current computer are proposed.
Remark: The certificate used for the signature can be modified through programming with the Certificate property.
- The caption and the image are optional information.
- If the Signature control is invisible (option available in the "UI" tab of the description window), the generated PDF report (or the duplicate) will not be signed.
- If the certificate associated with the Signature control is not found, the generated PDF report (or the duplicate) will not be signed.
- Caution: For Acrobat to recognize a signed PDF file, the organization that creates the signing certificate must be in the Adobe Approved Trust List (Adobe Authorized Trust List) or in the Certified Document Services program (CDS).
If the certificate is not recognized, Acrobat will display the following message: "At least one signature has problems".
Creating a signature in a report in WLanguage
You can also sign documents created with WLanguage. Simply use iPrintSignature
This page is also available for…