Displays the video being captured by a web camera or by the camera of a mobile device in a "Camera" control.
Starting with version 27, this function is deprecated for Android and iOS applications
. This function is kept only for Camera controls created with earlier versions and with the "Version-26-compatible mode" option enabled ("General" tab of the control description window).
// Displays the video captured by the "CAM_Camera" control
ResFilm = CameraDisplay(CAM_Camera)
IF ResFilm = True THEN
// Displays a caption
CAM_Camera.Caption = "Now in the kitchen"
<Result> = CameraDisplay(<Camera control>)
- True if the video captured is displayed in the Camera control,
- False if an error occurred. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
<Camera control>: Control name
Name of the Camera control to be used.
- This function requires a device equipped with a camera. It can also be used during an execution in the Android emulator.
- This function requires a device equipped with a camera.
- At runtime, the video captured by the camera is automatically shown as soon as the window containing the Camera control is opened. In this case, the call to CameraDisplay is not required.
- To stop recording the video, use CameraStop.
The call to this function modifies the permissions required by the application.
Required permission: CAMERA.
This permission allows the applications to access the camera.