- Creating a project for Universal Windows 10 App with WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile
- Analyzing a Universal Windows 10 App project
- Testing a Universal Windows 10 App project
- Project test (Go) in the simulator directly
- Run the application test in real: running the project in tile mode
Developing applications in Universal Windows 10 App mode
WINDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to develop applications for Windows 10 tablets and for Windows Phone 10 and Windows 10 phones (Universal Windows 10 App applications).
Universal Windows 10 applications are developed with WINDEV (or WINDEV Mobile) in the same way as Windows applications, except for some differences. The application test can also be run on the development computer in Windows 10.
Creating a project for Universal Windows 10 App with WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile
To create a Universal Windows 10 App project with WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile:
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- The creation window appears: click "Project".
- The project creation wizard starts. Choose the name and location of your project. You have the ability to enter a short description of the project. Go to the next step.
- Add (if necessary) design documents to the project. Go to the next step.
- In the "Description - Type of project" step, select "Universal Windows 10 App". Go to the next step.
- Specify the location of Windows 10 SDK required to generate applications. If the SDK was installed, the setup path is automatically proposed ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin" for example).
For more details, see Installing the Windows 10 SDK.
- Go to the next step.
- Select the type of device for which the application is created (phone, tablet, PC).
- The rest of the wizard is performed like for any other platform. For more details, see Creating a WINDEV Mobile project.
Analyzing a Universal Windows 10 App project
A Universal Windows 10 App project can be associated with an analysis. The data files can be in HFSQL Classic and HFSQL Client/Server format.
Testing a Universal Windows 10 App project
Several test modes are available for the Universal Windows 10 App applications:
- The project Go in the simulator of WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
- The project execution in Windows 10.
Project test (Go) in the simulator directly
This test starts a test window of the product in which the Universal Windows 10 App application is run. This test allows you to use the debugger. However, several differences can be noticed compared to a real execution. Indeed, the simulation is using the PC and not the Windows 10 device in Tile mode.
Run the application test in real: running the project in tile mode
The option "Run the application test in real" allows you to run your project in tile mode, from Windows 10 directly. The Universal Windows 10 App application must be generated.
- If the application was not generated, WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile proposes to generate the application.
- If the application was already generated, it is automatically generated with the last generation parameters.
For more details, see Generating a Universal Windows 10 App application
This page is also available for…