- How to?
- Assigning a keyboard shortcut to a control in a window
- & character
- Managing the & character in the window controls
Keyboard shortcut and hotkey
A control in a window or page can be associated with an alphanumeric character, a key or combination of keys ("keyboard shortcut"), etc.
This shortcut gives direct access to the control.
: By default, you can set a "Hotkey" using the text of the control ('&' character before the letter to be defined as hotkey). For more details, see "& character"
Assigning a keyboard shortcut to a control in a window
To assign a keyboard shortcut to a control in a window:
- Open the control description window (select "Description" in the context menu).
- Go to the the "UI" tab and click the button next to "Keyboard shortcut".
- Select the keys that constitute the desired hotkey.
The "Detection" button is used to detect the key (or the combination of keys) used on the keyboard.
Managing the & character in the window controls
By default, you can use a hotkey as a keyboard shortcut. This hotkey is assigned using the text of the control ('&' character before the letter to be defined as hotkey).
The shortcut associated with to the control will be Alt + Letter after &.
To display the '&' character in a caption, this character must be typed twice. For example:
- "War&Peace" will be displayed as "WarPeace" (with Alt + P as hotkey).
- "War&&Peace" will be displayed as "War&Peace".
In order for the '&' character to be automatically inserted before the caption of the new controls:
- Display the options of the window editor: on the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "Options of the window editor".
- In the "Controls" tab, check "Automatic hotkey when creating a control".
This page is also available for…