- Overview of the Tab control
- Creating a Tab control
- Vocabulary associated with the Tab control
- Limitations in Java
Overview of the Tab control
The Tab control is used to simultaneously display different controls. When a tab pane is enabled:
- the fields associated with this pane are displayed in the window or in the page.
- the fields associated with a different pane become invisible,
- the fields associated with no pane keep their display report.
To create a Tab control:
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Containers" group, expand "Tab and associated" and select "Tab".
- Click at the desired location to create the control. The control appears in the editor.
Remark: The dimensions of the control are optimized to take up the available space at the specified position. If the control size does not suit you, press Ctrl + Z: the control size will be reset to default.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
The description window of the control is used to:
Vocabulary associated with the Tab control
To easily handle a Tab control, you must be familiar with the following vocabulary:
|Tab||Tab pane button to make a tab pane Active. The tab can contain an Image or a label. The wording can be composed of several lines separated by CRs.|
|Tab pane||Area for positioning the fields associated with the tab.|
Tab pane displaying an internal window. Used to create an interface similar to the one of the Internet browsers:
- the tabs and their panes can be "taken out" of the main window.
- the tabs and their panes can be reorganized.
- it is possible to close and open tabs.
For more details, see Dynamic tabs
Standard tab pane, as opposed to dynamic tab panes.
Limitations in Java
The following characteristics are not supported in Java:
- Image associated with the tabs label.
- image of tab panes.
- help number associated with the tab.
- position of tabs. By Default, the tab is positioned at the top of the pane.
- image display mode.
- dynamic tabs.
Training (WINDEV): WD Search On Composite Keys
Unit examples (WEBDEV): The Tab control
Sample components (WINDEV): WD SystemInfo
This page is also available for…