Choosing the type of image: dynamic, static, generated, ...
The images are often used to illustrate the site pages.
Several types of images are available in WEBDEV for a dynamic page. Each type corresponds to a specific use of image.
The type of the image is chosen in the "General" tab of the image description.
Four types of images are proposed:
To use the images generated and stored in a database in Linux, you must install the QT library (Core and GUI), version 5 or later.
- Static image.
- Dynamic image.
- Generated image.
- From a database.
|Use||Image not modified when using the site:Image modified in browser code only: image selected by an upload control.|
|Characteristics||The image associated with a static image must be selected in the WEBDEV editor. This image can be modified through programming in browser code only.|
All the image formats recognized by WEBDEV are allowed.
When saving the page, the image is automatically converted into GIF or JPEG format and saved in the <Project Name>_WEB directory (except if the image is already in GIF or JPEG format).
When deploying the WEBDEV site:
- The file associated with the image must be found on the server.
- If the image is modified in browser code, the new image must be accessible (FolderWeb is used to find out the directory of images on the server) and it must be in a format recognized by the browser.
|Dynamic image: this is the most common type of image|
|Use||Image modified when using the site:|
- image of the product in a product form
- photo of the contact in a directory
|Characteristics||A dynamic image can be modified through programming in server code or in browser code.|
The image associated with the control through programming must be:
Caution: no binary memo can be used.
- Found in the <ProjectName>_WEB directory
- in a format recognized by the browser (GIF, JPEG or other)
To use the dynamic images, you must install the QT library (Core and GUI), version 5 or later.
|Use||Image drawn when using the site:Remark: To specify a source image, the full path of this image must be specified.|
|Characteristics||A generated image is built while the WEBDEV site is used. This type of image should not be used to display existing "image" files: the performance of your site might be reduced.|
When the browser asks to display the image (when displaying or refreshing the page for example), a temporary image of current drawing is built on the server and saved in JPG format.
This image is displayed in the browser.
Remark: This type of image supports the transparent effect. This allows you to set a background image ("Style" tab of the Image control description window).
|From a database|
- Memo: Images of products displayed in a looper. The images are saved in the binary memos.
- Path: Images of products displayed in a looper. The path of the image is stored in a text item. This path must be relative to the "<ProjectName>_WEB"directory of the site.
This type of image (from a database: Path) is used to manage the automatic scroll of images. For more details, see Automatic scroll of images.
|Characteristics||We recommend that you use a centered homothetic image: all the displayed images will be proportionally resized in order to be displayed in the Image control.|